Server Rules

Server-related guides, questions and answers.

Re: Server Rules

Postby EnforcersForLife3456 » 08 Oct 2014, 21:03

I am happy for this rule. Tanks are actually useful now making it a effective ground AV. Its nice to know you don't have to worry about someone parachuting in front of you mashing "E" to get in the tank to only run you over and drive off until the next person does it to them. Thanks for the rule change Fkids. Keep up the good work! :smile:
I Am A Enforcer Until I Die
Occupation: HoD Defender of the Enforcers.
Faction: Enforcers - Now, and always.
Call-sign: ShitAim
Rank: Major
Occupation: HoD Defender
Other Characters: "Sceolang" (( Husky ))

ON BREAK. WILL BE BACK
User avatar
EnforcersForLife3456
=
 
Posts: 268
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 03:06
Location: The United States of Murica
Character: Noah Bryant Smith

Re: Server Rules

Postby Lucas Hatsumi Vizla » 10 Oct 2014, 14:07

Today i witnessed what a tank can actually do instead of using one to kill everyone that steps on the runway when there is only 20 people on. Thank you Dexter Moser, i quite like this new update.
Supreme Meme King
User avatar
Lucas Hatsumi Vizla
IV
 
Posts: 343
Joined: 06 Apr 2014, 23:44
Character: Lucas Hatsumi Vizla

Re: Server Rules

Postby keeri » 05 Nov 2014, 18:56

Updated.
User avatar
keeri
D
 
Posts: 1408
Joined: 01 Jan 2014, 20:43
Character: Chase Kraino

Re: Server Rules

Postby Rogue » 05 Nov 2014, 19:03

Oh great the Enfs are in the Reapers backyard and this happened
Former Shaman and Boss
User avatar
Rogue
=
 
Posts: 961
Joined: 08 Apr 2014, 19:10
Character: Abel Teller

Re: Server Rules

Postby Niels Black » 05 Nov 2014, 19:05

Quen Liddi wrote:Oh great the Enfs are in the Reapers backyard and this happened

What happend?
User avatar
Niels Black
IV
 
Posts: 266
Joined: 24 Jun 2014, 18:27
Character: Niels Black

Re: Server Rules

Postby ..... » 05 Nov 2014, 19:12

Niels Black wrote:
Quen Liddi wrote:Oh great the Enfs are in the Reapers backyard and this happened

What happend?


Fkids wrote:F3. Cross-faction cooperation at capturable locations and missions is not allowed.
Territory agreements are not allowed either.
Government is allowed to assist in defending a location, but not in capturing one.
.....
=
 
Posts: 3612
Joined: 21 Jun 2014, 22:17

Re: Server Rules

Postby akujy » 05 Nov 2014, 19:13

Fkids wrote:Updated.


Does this mean no agreements of some sort, like cease fires and no capping, or just no land exchange agreements?

Edit: Quen can you elaborate on what you mean? This rule would not stop Reapers from retaking their lands, or enforcers from taking more lands.
"I will give you a show like you have never, ever seen before! Why? Because I can!" - The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels has left the building!
Retired Supreme General.
User avatar
akujy
5RP
=
 
Posts: 2321
Joined: 31 Mar 2014, 20:13
Location: That small piece of land that used to rule the world! (Yes, Portugal!)
Character: Shawn Michaels

Re: Server Rules

Postby Sinister Rectus » 05 Nov 2014, 19:20

It means if you see a highlighted point, you may attempt to capture it.
Sinister Rectus
25RP
V
 
Posts: 5097
Joined: 13 Feb 2014, 07:00
Location: New York
Character: Richard Nesbitt

Re: Server Rules

Postby Ves » 05 Nov 2014, 19:28

May I ask an honest question here. How does one prove an agreement in progress? I can guarantee people will continue to talk in teamspeak channels and over steam to make agreements. R5's will still say "no do not cap that, cap this instead." Also, territory agreements stopped headaches, and was one of the last few things relieving stress. We'll see how this works out.
This signature has been marked as unhelpful.
One day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember.
Tech Army Leader // 3x Major // 1x Avenger
Ves
=
 
Posts: 361
Joined: 30 May 2014, 16:36
Location: The Sky.
Character: Vestro Light

Re: Server Rules

Postby Sinister Rectus » 05 Nov 2014, 19:35

Official Vestronaut wrote:May I ask an honest question here. How does one prove an agreement in progress? I can guarantee people will continue to talk in teamspeak channels and over steam to make agreements. R5's will still say "no do not cap that, cap this instead." Also, territory agreements stopped headaches, and was one of the last few things relieving stress. We'll see how this works out.

You asked for more capturing, you got it.

Yes, it is peculiar because it doesn't imply "you must attempt to capture points", it implies "you must not not attempt to capture points." If a faction choses to ignore a highlight, that's their prerogative, but they have to realize they might get attacked if they don't. So it will be interesting. As you say, let's see how this works out.
Sinister Rectus
25RP
V
 
Posts: 5097
Joined: 13 Feb 2014, 07:00
Location: New York
Character: Richard Nesbitt

Re: Server Rules

Postby EnforcersForLife3456 » 05 Nov 2014, 19:50

You guys wanted more capping and you got it. I think its a little late to change your mind now.. Your current situation shouldn't decide your opinions on the rules due to your faction, you need to take everyone's point of view into consideration when it comes to rules.
I Am A Enforcer Until I Die
Occupation: HoD Defender of the Enforcers.
Faction: Enforcers - Now, and always.
Call-sign: ShitAim
Rank: Major
Occupation: HoD Defender
Other Characters: "Sceolang" (( Husky ))

ON BREAK. WILL BE BACK
User avatar
EnforcersForLife3456
=
 
Posts: 268
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 03:06
Location: The United States of Murica
Character: Noah Bryant Smith

Re: Server Rules

Postby Ves » 05 Nov 2014, 19:54

What was asked for if I re-call correctly from the suggestions forums, was the tone down highlights. This is a case of asking for 5 sets of 10, and getting 2 sets of 25 instead.
This signature has been marked as unhelpful.
One day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember.
Tech Army Leader // 3x Major // 1x Avenger
Ves
=
 
Posts: 361
Joined: 30 May 2014, 16:36
Location: The Sky.
Character: Vestro Light

Re: Server Rules

Postby EnforcersForLife3456 » 05 Nov 2014, 19:57

if you want to discuss what was asked of. Go do it on that forum post. not here in the rules thread.
I Am A Enforcer Until I Die
Occupation: HoD Defender of the Enforcers.
Faction: Enforcers - Now, and always.
Call-sign: ShitAim
Rank: Major
Occupation: HoD Defender
Other Characters: "Sceolang" (( Husky ))

ON BREAK. WILL BE BACK
User avatar
EnforcersForLife3456
=
 
Posts: 268
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 03:06
Location: The United States of Murica
Character: Noah Bryant Smith

Re: Server Rules

Postby Aria Storm » 05 Nov 2014, 20:03

I usually disagree with rules that are not enforcable. As to the 'you asked for it you got it' I'm sure this capturing issue is not 'everything or nothing' and can be adjusted.

Greetings,
Aria Storm
User avatar
Aria Storm
=
 
Posts: 296
Joined: 26 Jan 2014, 18:30
Location: Europe
Character: Aria Storm

Re: Server Rules

Postby EnforcersForLife3456 » 05 Nov 2014, 20:11

The rules are the rules. Just follow them and ask for them to be changed if it does not suit everyone. We don't need to start more 15 page long arguments whether they should be changed or not.
I Am A Enforcer Until I Die
Occupation: HoD Defender of the Enforcers.
Faction: Enforcers - Now, and always.
Call-sign: ShitAim
Rank: Major
Occupation: HoD Defender
Other Characters: "Sceolang" (( Husky ))

ON BREAK. WILL BE BACK
User avatar
EnforcersForLife3456
=
 
Posts: 268
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 03:06
Location: The United States of Murica
Character: Noah Bryant Smith

Re: Server Rules

Postby Aria Storm » 08 Nov 2014, 22:04

Today I've been subject of powerabuse from r4+ from other factions. (Unjustified blacklisting).

However there seems to be no rule against abusing commands/powers?

Greetings,
Aria Storm
User avatar
Aria Storm
=
 
Posts: 296
Joined: 26 Jan 2014, 18:30
Location: Europe
Character: Aria Storm

Re: Server Rules

Postby Sinister Rectus » 08 Nov 2014, 23:16

Aria Storm wrote:Today I've been subject of powerabuse from r4+ from other factions. (Unjustified blacklisting).

However there seems to be no rule against abusing commands/powers?

Greetings,
Aria Storm

Appeals to be allowed entry into a faction are traditionally submitted to that faction's sub-forum.
Sinister Rectus
25RP
V
 
Posts: 5097
Joined: 13 Feb 2014, 07:00
Location: New York
Character: Richard Nesbitt

Re: Server Rules

Postby dmyz1 » 08 Nov 2014, 23:46

If somebody doesn't want you in their faction, they will blacklist you. Especially if its perhaps a faction leader or somebody. You must respect the leaders if you wish to be a part of a faction, if you dont, then a blacklist means nothing .
--------------

Oh and it was me who blacklisted her because she; Motivated Fleur ( a known griefer) to keep coming in Enforcer HQ via Goverment OOC radio and called me a griefer. Shawn was the other elite online, we both agreed on the blacklist for the following reason; "Motivating griefers to come in enfrocer HQ, Rule#9" as it can be seen in /getreason aria. We don't want her in our faction, if she ever wishes to join, everybody knows where our subform is and can submit a "ban appeal" there at any time.
(This reminds me, i should make a topic about it, been planning it for some time)
--------
Oh and Aria, please learn the meaning of the term "power abuse". Thanks :yes:
"Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam"- said Katon a long time ago.
User avatar
dmyz1
V
 
Posts: 894
Joined: 12 Feb 2014, 22:21
Location: Croatia
Character: Denis Marusich

Re: Server Rules

Postby Aria Storm » 09 Nov 2014, 01:28

dmyz1 wrote:Oh and it was me who blacklisted her because she; Motivated Fleur ( a known griefer) to keep coming in Enforcer HQ via Goverment OOC radio and called me a griefer.


I just took my (unjustified) blacklisting as an example. We have different opinions on how to play this game and I didn't want to turn this thread into an argument.

dmyz1 wrote:If somebody doesn't want you in their faction, they will blacklist you.


I guess in this case you're right. It wouldn't make much sense for me to be in a faction where I am not welcome and the only reason for me to pursue the punishment would be to get some kind of satisfaction or feeling of justice out of it. And once the people that issued the blacklist are gone I could make an appeal and get probably accepted back.

I'm to tired at the moment to write more. But I think we won't get anywhere anyways. Also I guess we could judge power abuse under rule #1 Fairplay (if we're really desperate to put it into an existing rule).

Greetings,
Aria Storm
User avatar
Aria Storm
=
 
Posts: 296
Joined: 26 Jan 2014, 18:30
Location: Europe
Character: Aria Storm

Re: Server Rules

Postby dmyz1 » 09 Nov 2014, 01:51

Or you could post here; viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7008
"Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam"- said Katon a long time ago.
User avatar
dmyz1
V
 
Posts: 894
Joined: 12 Feb 2014, 22:21
Location: Croatia
Character: Denis Marusich

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support