[IC] NewsVlog: In Depth Defense

Stories from newspapers and mass media.

[IC] NewsVlog: In Depth Defense

Postby The Falcon » 16 Jul 2016, 23:26

The streaks of rocket-lit smoke ended in horrifying simple puffs of light and sound within Gunung Timur, a remote mountain facility dedicated to the operation and defense of a government biofuel shaft.

Reaper agents had managed to transport, or otherwise acquire, another four-wheeled infantry fighting vehicle alongside several Garret "H" model technical assault and support vehicles to the remote Enforcer outpost late in the day. It's unknown how they and the footsoldiers supporting them managed to arrive unknown in the southern island territories, long a Panauan stronghold against rebel activity.

A surprise was also waiting for the Enforcer quick reaction forces arriving to the assault. Crimson-painted 'Leopard' close-support fighter aircraft swooped into Kem Udara airspace, grounding government air support as they menaced overhead, keeping with wartime treaties by not firing their weapons yet maintaining superiority. An Enforcer attack helicopter was also confirmed to be lost over a nearby airbase, having been rapidly greenlit in response to the attack and HQ grounding.

However, the effort was largely a loss. While the communist forces can claim a victory over the lone dispatched helicopter, the assault was a total failure.

A report of at minimum five Garret support technicals were lost by the Reapers to Enforcer small-arms fire, and the intense fighting at the outpost was finished by their IFV being destroyed in a massive explosion. At that point, all surviving ground members were either routed or quickly dispatched. The Leopard aircraft were also peppered with ground anti-aircraft fire, surviving but still limping home. Reports place two to three communist jets deployed, all of which were confirmed to be struck by ground fire as of their departure.

Monitors reported the autocannon's shells impacted once every three seconds at the height of the fighting.

Two Enforcer soldiers had comments after the fighting had stopped, and workers emerged from shelter to begin the rebuilding process:
Darron Bruce wrote:Well... it was a hard battle. Tank was difficult to destroy. I think the (Reapers) got a good strategy ... hard to destroy a tank out here.
Ja Nalley wrote:We fucked them up. What more is there to say?

Silence after the last communist soldier had been ousted was eerily like the silence after the folding-fin aerial rockets of their Leopards had struck the ground. The lack of response after such a devastating attack left me begging myself to answer the question of whether I would have rather heard the survivors.

This is Matthew Peregrine, reporting under contract in Panau.
Matthew Peregrine is an independent journalist working under contract in Panau for an international news organization, republishing reports locally as permitted. Please see the Legal tab for details and lawyer contact.

Extraction provided by government Mullen helicopter.
The Falcon is my favorite news source.
The Falcon
5RP
I

Character: Glen Anaki

Re: [IC] NewsVlog: In Depth Defense

Postby Quellien » 17 Jul 2016, 13:39

(( I seem to be really good at repeating myself, within 3 sentences. Repeating myself.

Nice footage though, enjoyed the watch :) ))
Quellien
IV

Character: Darron Bruce

Re: [IC] NewsVlog: In Depth Defense

Postby Quellien » 31 Oct 2016, 16:40

(( God, I miss these ))
Quellien
IV

Character: Darron Bruce

Return to News