Forum warning system

Place for ideas that you want to see implemented.

Forum warning system

Postby Odell123 » 16 Jun 2017, 16:29

all I want is the ability to view my own forum warnings, nothing more nothing less.

Tribal Bodyguard I -Prospect Scavenger II-Tribal Saudagar II
Odell Beckham Jr.-Odell Callaghan-Brandon Beckham Marshall
"We did not come here to fear the future. We came here to shape it"
-Barrack Obama
Odell123
IV

Character: Janoris Gilly

Re: Forum warning system

Postby Pie Eater » 16 Jun 2017, 17:17

I don't think you need to know how severe your warnings are, because if they aren't very severe, people might just start misbehaving. You should not break rules or do anything that can result in a forum warn in any case.
Pie Eater
IV

Character: Pieter Nelson Stinger

Postby Ellen Krue » 16 Jun 2017, 17:38

Pie Eater wrote:I don't think you need to know how severe your warnings are, because if they aren't very severe, people might just start misbehaving. You should not break rules or do anything that can result in a forum warn in any case.

I don't follow your logic

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41323324
I'm AFK lol
Previously Meike Wizowsky.
Ellen Krue
=

Character: Ellen Krue

Postby Alexey Ivanov » 16 Jun 2017, 17:41

It's about ability to see own warns - only by yourself, not by anyone else. If so, it's +1 from me.
Oh, the wind, the wind is blowing,
through the graves the wind is blowing,
freedom soon will come;
then we'll come from the shadows.

Alexey Ivanov
5RP
IV

Character: Alexey Ivanov

Postby Pie Eater » 16 Jun 2017, 18:19

Ellen Krue wrote:
Pie Eater wrote:I don't think you need to know how severe your warnings are, because if they aren't very severe, people might just start misbehaving. You should not break rules or do anything that can result in a forum warn in any case.

Well, I assume that you want to see your warnings to see how close you are to being elite-banned or banned in general. I don't agree to that, because it would be basically seeing how far you can go before you start to risk stuff.
Pie Eater
IV

Postby Logywoo2 » 16 Jun 2017, 18:25

Pie Eater wrote:
Ellen Krue wrote:

Well, I assume that you want to see your warnings to see how close you are to being elite-banned or banned in general. I don't agree to that, because it would be basically seeing how far you can go before you start to risk stuff.

I think that what is meant by this is being able to see the reason for your forum warnings so that you can make sure that it does not happen again and you will not always know why you have been warned on the forums. Overall +1 for this idea
Logywoo2
=

Character: Logan Oneill

Postby dragonwolfrex » 16 Jun 2017, 18:36

I'd like the ability to see what I did wrong so I don't repeat it. +1 From me
“Need a counter to AS? Go get me a tank."
I am one of the most dangerous men to put in an attack vehicle.
Tank Callsign:BOOM
I'm Jakko, and I used to be Hawk Summers and Ezhno Actaeon
dragonwolfrex
IV

Character: Jakko Fangs Nightstar

Postby Isabella Wolfy » 16 Jun 2017, 18:36

Logan Oneil wrote: I think that what is meant by this is being able to see the reason for your forum warnings so that you can make sure that it does not happen again and you will not always know why you have been warned on the forums. Overall +1 for this idea

False, your R5s will help and guide and/or talk about any offenses privately to the person getting forum warned. If you don't get to know how to improve from the forum warn given, then your R5s have maybe somewhat failed their duties and so far every R5 have managed to work with this system.

-1 because I know it will be used as some sort of "achievement" if people know and WILL share their forum warns with eachother, saw it the other day last time yesterday. Say what you want, but whenever people get full access to it, they will compare and call eachother out and/or compete which is the opposite use of the punishment.
Last edited by Isabella Wolfy on 16 Jun 2017, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.

"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Secretary of Education - Prospect Pilot - General Mechanic - Initiate Pilot II - Loyal Saudagar
Isabella Wolfy
5RP
IV

Location: The country where we have oil in our backyards, Norway.
Character: Isabella Michaels

Postby Meredy » 16 Jun 2017, 19:40

If you don't know what you did wrong how can you stop doing it?
Meredy
=

Character: Meredy Kukukai

Postby Pie Eater » 16 Jun 2017, 19:42

Meredy wrote:

If you receive a forum warning and you don't know what you've done wrong, you aren't in a good track
Pie Eater
IV

Postby Meredy » 16 Jun 2017, 19:44

Pie Eater wrote:
Meredy wrote:

If you receive a forum warning and you don't know what you've done wrong, you aren't in a good track

What...?
Meredy
=

Character: Meredy Kukukai

Postby Odell123 » 16 Jun 2017, 21:05

Alexey Ivanov wrote:It's about ability to see own warns - only by yourself, not by anyone else. If so, it's +1 from me.

Yes

Tribal Bodyguard I -Prospect Scavenger II-Tribal Saudagar II
Odell Beckham Jr.-Odell Callaghan-Brandon Beckham Marshall
"We did not come here to fear the future. We came here to shape it"
-Barrack Obama
Odell123
IV

Character: Janoris Gilly

Postby Ellen Krue » 16 Jun 2017, 21:13

Pie Eater wrote:If you receive a forum warning and you don't know what you've done wrong, you aren't in a good track

That's quite dismissive... good track or not, if you don't know what you were punished for, you might nott know what behavior to avoid. Imagine if I demoted you but refused to tell you why. Would that make sense?

I'm AFK lol
Ellen Krue
=

Postby Isabella Wolfy » 16 Jun 2017, 21:34

Ellen Krue wrote:
Pie Eater wrote:If you receive a forum warning and you don't know what you've done wrong, you aren't in a good track

That's quite dismissive... good track or not, if you don't know what you were punished for, you might nott know what behavior to avoid. Imagine if I demoted you but refused to tell you why. Would that make sense?

If he got warned (or in your case demoted) It is YOUR duty to keep him up to date, consider the forum warns like a notification to the R5 as well being a little "Hey, look Ellen Krue, this guy needs your attention and lesson in how to improve in this certain topic"

"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Secretary of Education - Prospect Pilot - General Mechanic - Initiate Pilot II - Loyal Saudagar
Isabella Wolfy
5RP
IV

Location: The country where we have oil in our backyards, Norway.
Character: Isabella Michaels

Postby Cassie Henderson » 16 Jun 2017, 22:41

I have to agree with Isabella on this one. If everyone gets access to forum warns, they will compare it with each and constantly notifty and question Fkids (Keeri?) about the warns and say things like - "how is this even valid" or "this is stupid". It will just cause unnecessary problems.

It is your R5s job to guide you on how to improve your behaviour. You guys say that "I need to see my warns to improve my behaviour". But the thing is, if you see the warns, all you guys will say that "This isn't valid" and you won't be constructive about it.

Ellen mentioned something about demoting someone and not telling the the reason - why would you do this? It is a R5 responsibility to tell someone there reason for a demotion and to guide that person on how to improve there behaviour.

It's a -1 from me.
Boss Cassie Henderson :: 17.10.16
Ghost Recruiter l ~ Prime Minister ~ Sergeant Instructor
Cassie Henderson
=

Character: Cassie Henderson

Postby Jeffrey Baker » 16 Jun 2017, 23:13

Its a warn that is directed towards a person, all you can see is a warning level and the only people who can see them are R5s and forum leaders, which makes no sense, surely you should be able to see your forum warns and your own R5s should be able to see them too, +1.

4x Ghost, 4x Shaman 1x Overseer

Shaman Hawk - Guerilla Pilot - Overseer Pilot I - Officer Marksman
Jeffrey Baker
5RP
V

Character: Jeffrey Baker

Postby Logywoo2 » 16 Jun 2017, 23:25

Isabella Wolfy wrote:
Logan Oneil wrote: I think that what is meant by this is being able to see the reason for your forum warnings so that you can make sure that it does not happen again and you will not always know why you have been warned on the forums. Overall +1 for this idea

False, your R5s will help and guide and/or talk about any offenses privately to the person getting forum warned. If you don't get to know how to improve from the forum warn given, then your R5s have maybe somewhat failed their duties and so far every R5 have managed to work with this system.

Yes but the R5s can be quite busy at times and are not always available. They should still be able to see it along with this idea. It's better if you can see the forum warning reasons yourself so you don't have to bother the R5s all the time. And yes the R5s can question it later and then the person (who got the forum warning) can come up with an explanation of what happened rather than being on the spot and not realizing that you have been forum warned.
Logywoo2
=

Character: Logan Oneill

Postby Longbarrel » 16 Jun 2017, 23:37

Cassie Henderson wrote:I have to agree with Isabella on this one. If everyone gets access to forum warns, they will compare it with each and constantly notifty and question Fkids (Keeri?) about the warns and say things like - "how is this even valid" or "this is stupid". It will just cause unnecessary problems.

It is your R5s job to guide you on how to improve your behaviour. You guys say that "I need to see my warns to improve my behaviour". But the thing is, if you see the warns, all you guys will say that "This isn't valid" and you won't be constructive about it.

Ellen mentioned something about demoting someone and not telling the the reason - why would you do this? It is a R5 responsibility to tell someone there reason for a demotion and to guide that person on how to improve there behaviour.

It's a -1 from me.

Isabella Wolfy wrote:

-1 because I know it will be used as some sort of "achievement" if people know and WILL share their forum warns with eachother, saw it the other day last time yesterday. Say what you want, but whenever people get full access to it, they will compare and call eachother out and/or compete which is the opposite use of the punishment.

I also agree with what Cassie and Isabella said, if you want to know the reason for your forum warnings, just contact your R5.
Obvious -1 from me.
Longbarrel
=

Character: Camille Ainsworth

Postby Ellen Krue » 17 Jun 2017, 06:32

I was under the impression that telling people their forum warn reasons was against the rules. There's an impossibly fine line between "guiding someone to improve their behavior" and telling them their warn reasons.

I don't think it's fair to say that everyone will be unconstructive if they can see their warn reasons. That seems like a massive -- and dismissive -- generalization of the community.

I'm AFK lol
Ellen Krue
=

Postby Leo Hugos » 17 Jun 2017, 12:03

Robino Longbarrelino wrote:if you want to know the reason for your forum warnings, just contact your R5.

That's the point, you don't know whether or not you have a forum warning since you can't see them.

Everyone should be able to see that they were warned and what for, the whole point of warnings is to inform a player that they are breaking a rule and possibly nudge them into not doing it again, but that's not going to happen if they can't see their warnings, wich defeats the purpose of the whole thing. Additionally, some R5s might not be on good terms with certain members of their faction, wich could lead to the R5 not really caring about your forum warnings therefore not informing you of them.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law
Leo Hugos
5RP
IV

Character: Xavier Xerxes Xandor

Next

Return to Ideas and Suggestions