Bigger Hitbox on Laggers

Place for ideas that you want to see implemented.

Bigger Hitbox on Laggers

Postby Isabella Wolfy » 08 Oct 2017, 00:44

basiclly create a better hitbox for laggers, for example, people from australia are impossible to hit even if you shoot dead on, which is unfair to an extent.
Last edited by Isabella Wolfy on 08 Oct 2017, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.

"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Secretary of Education - Prospect Pilot - General Mechanic - Initiate Pilot II - Loyal Saudagar
Isabella Wolfy
5RP
=

Location: The country where we have oil in our backyards, Norway.
Character: Isabella Michaels

Re: Bigger Hitbox for Laggers

Postby Logywoo2 » 08 Oct 2017, 00:48

I agree with this completely. Especially helis as well considering the size of them it's almost impossible to get them if they are also lagging. Hit boxes need to be improved. +1
Logywoo2
=

Character: Logan Oneill

Postby Cassie Henderson » 08 Oct 2017, 00:53

You guys constantly say that i'm impossible to hit, yet last DZ your parachuters managed to take 3/4 of my health?
It also seems a little unfair - like because I live in a small country away from everyone, my gameplay should be affected?
Boss Cassie Henderson :: 17.10.16
~ Ghost Recruiter l ~ Prime Minister ~ Sergeant Instructor ~
Cassie Henderson
=

Character: Cassie Henderson

Postby Logywoo2 » 08 Oct 2017, 00:58

Cassie Henderson wrote:You guys constantly say that i'm impossible to hit, yet last DZ your parachuters managed to take 3/4 of my health?
It also seems a little unfair - like because I live in a small country away from everyone, my gameplay should be affected?

I think the suggestion is mainly for A/S getting a bigger hit box. It's fine for parachuters since they can clearly see the target and can easily get the shots. I don't think anything needs to be changed for that part. The problem is A/S getting hit syncs on people that have FPS problems and lag a lot of the time because it gives them an unfair advantage.

Cassie Henderson wrote:It also seems a little unfair - like because I live in a small country away from everyone, my gameplay should be affected?

For this part I think it's about ethics because if you lag and you know you do then you should know that it gives you an unfair advantage. Shouldn't you try to either compensate for that or just try to improve your performance a bit more because at least that way the game is fair and fun for everyone rather than it being the opposite which it is a lot of the time.
Logywoo2
=

Postby Isabella Wolfy » 08 Oct 2017, 00:59

Cassie Henderson wrote:You guys constantly say that i'm impossible to hit, yet last DZ your parachuters managed to take 3/4 of my health?

Just because you live in a small country away from everyone, everyone elses gameplay should be affected?
Haruto says he can hit people just fine, but we can shoot dead on you and not get a single hitsync, so yeah, something has to be fixed and I am showing an alternative. If you have any other idea, feel free to say so, I am all open ears to improve the dogfighting and make it fair.

"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Secretary of Education - Prospect Pilot - General Mechanic - Initiate Pilot II - Loyal Saudagar
Isabella Wolfy
5RP
=

Location: The country where we have oil in our backyards, Norway.
Character: Isabella Michaels

Postby Cassie Henderson » 08 Oct 2017, 01:00

Logywoo2 wrote:
For this part I think it's about ethics because if you lag and you know you do then you should know that it gives you an unfair advantage. Shouldn't you try to either compensate for that or just try to improve your performance a bit more because at least that way the game is fair and fun for everyone rather than it being the opposite which it is a lot of the time.

Its strange, because I had between 40-50 FPS the whole time at the CZ.
Boss Cassie Henderson :: 17.10.16
~ Ghost Recruiter l ~ Prime Minister ~ Sergeant Instructor ~
Cassie Henderson
=

Character: Cassie Henderson

Postby Logywoo2 » 08 Oct 2017, 01:02

Cassie Henderson wrote:
Logywoo2 wrote:

Its strange, because I had between 40-50 FPS the whole time at the CZ.

That might be true but for us you were lagging a lot of the time in both the Leo and the Topa so we couldn't get any hitsync on you. That's one reason this suggestion was made. Although the target may have perfectly fine FPS on their end, it is not always the same for the person going for the target. It's also to do with ping, not just FPS because if your target has a high ping, how do you expect to hit them at all? It's simply just unfair.
Logywoo2
=

Postby akujy » 08 Oct 2017, 01:14

+1 to this suggestion. I've always been against forbiding players to fly AS due to ping or lag, but this is not the case. This is making things fair. If their ping is high, or if they lag too much, it should be compensated with a bigger hitbox or any other solution. That way everyone gets to participate and the game becomes fair.
"I will give you a show like you have never, ever seen before! Why? Because I can!" - The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels is in the building!
akujy
5RP
=

Location: That small piece of land that used to rule the world! (Yes, Portugal!)
Character: Shawn Michaels

Postby JINX4675 » 08 Oct 2017, 02:29

dunno if you all realize this but a bigger hitbox will benefit the laggers more than it will everyone else..... +1 from me xD
Haruto Lasky
Faction: Roaches
Department: Pilot HoD
Callsign: HUSKY
JINX4675
III

Character: Haruto Lasky

Postby Lily Corleone » 08 Oct 2017, 02:29

You do realize that a bigger hit box is also benefiting the laggy player so +1 from me
Lily Corleone
=

Character: Lily Corleone

Postby Ryosuke Takahashii » 08 Oct 2017, 02:52

Lily Corleone wrote:You do realize that a bigger hit box is also benefiting the laggy player so +1 from me
JINX4675 wrote:dunno if you all realize this but a bigger hitbox will benefit the laggers more than it will everyone else..... +1 from me xD

lel you both
Since my shooting skill is suck and sometimes I lag xD I'm supporting xD
Prospect II Ryosuke Takahashii
HoD of Mechanic Department
Callsign : CRAZY
Ryosuke Takahashii
II

Character: Ryosuke Takahashii

Postby Logywoo2 » 08 Oct 2017, 02:56

Ryosuke Takahashii wrote:
Lily Corleone wrote:You do realize that a bigger hit box is also benefiting the laggy player so +1 from me
JINX4675 wrote:dunno if you all realize this but a bigger hitbox will benefit the laggers more than it will everyone else..... +1 from me xD

lel you both
Since my shooting skill is suck and sometimes I lag xD I'm supporting xD

The intention of this is to have a larger hit box on the lagging players. Not allow laggers to have a bigger one.
Logywoo2
=

Postby Josh Carson » 08 Oct 2017, 03:08

I may not be used to this servers mechanics but as i see it, it is not based on the hit box but instead it is the bullet sync that is the problem not the hit box.
Josh Carson
I

Character: Josh Carson

Postby JINX4675 » 08 Oct 2017, 03:11

Logywoo2 wrote: The intention of this is to have a larger hit box on the lagging players. Not allow laggers to have a bigger one.

and who gets to decide who is a lagger and who isn't? leave it to you and everyone who shoots you down will be branded a "lagger" and will get a bigger hitbox, either everyone's hitbox is increased or no-ones is, seeing as this is supposed to be fair for everyone
Haruto Lasky
Faction: Roaches
Department: Pilot HoD
Callsign: HUSKY
JINX4675
III

Character: Haruto Lasky

Postby Logywoo2 » 08 Oct 2017, 03:14

JINX4675 wrote:
Logywoo2 wrote: The intention of this is to have a larger hit box on the lagging players. Not allow laggers to have a bigger one.

and who gets to decide who is a lagger and who isn't? leave it to you and everyone who shoots you down will be branded a "lagger" and will get a bigger hitbox, either everyone's hitbox is increased or no-ones is, seeing as this is supposed to be fair for everyone

Well deciding who is a lagger will be down to their ping mainly.
Logywoo2
=

Postby Jeffrey Baker » 08 Oct 2017, 03:58

Did it seem unfair when you reported Tom Gilly for being a lagger and you lag as much if not more than he does. Follow your own advice and dont take A/S or change your setup as you said to Tom.

4x Ghost, 4x Shaman 1x Overseer

Shaman Hawk - Guerilla Pilot - Overseer Pilot I - Officer Marksman
Jeffrey Baker
5RP
=

Character: Jakko Chan Rabbit

Re: Bigger Hitbox on Laggers

Postby Fascism_Salad » 10 Oct 2017, 07:21

I come from Australia. Constant 400 ping. I think its an idea that needs to be carefully implemented if it is at all. I have trouble hitting my shots aswell.
"Never fly in the rain" - Kypher Atreides

Callsign: LEGGY
Fascism_Salad
=

Character: Kypher Atreides

Postby akujy » 10 Oct 2017, 20:11

Jeffrey Baker wrote:

Did it seem unfair when you reported Tom Gilly for being a lagger and you lag as much if not more than he does. Follow your own advice and dont take A/S or change your setup as you said to Tom.

I must agree with Jeffrey here. It is the exact same thing and it wasn't fair at the time. This measure would make it at least a bit more fair to fight against "laggers" or "high pingers," so I'm all for it. Considering that a combat situation that would take 30 seconds to 2 minutes may prolong itself for much longer due to high ping or lagging, something should be done and a bigger hit box seems fair.
"I will give you a show like you have never, ever seen before! Why? Because I can!" - The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels is in the building!
akujy
5RP
=

Location: That small piece of land that used to rule the world! (Yes, Portugal!)
Character: Shawn Michaels

Re: Bigger Hitbox on Laggers

Postby Ben Vizla » 11 Oct 2017, 12:34

It would be very hard to make a bigger hitbox for people who don't live near the server because the hits have to actually hit on the another person's screen but not on yours except the minigun when you shoot close to your opponent you can do just shoot directly at it and do damage.

I have flown quite a lot of planes and helicopters and I have personally never experienced anything unfair advantage gained by opponent who has a higher latency. If another person has 100 ms higher latency it shouldn't really matter at all if you think that 100 milliseconds equals 0.1 seconds.

Former Pilot HoD and Mechanic HoD
Ben Vizla
=

Character: Ben Vizla

Return to Ideas and Suggestions