Disallow ability to Rob Bank during CZ/DZ

Place for ideas that you want to see implemented.

Disallow ability to Rob Bank during CZ/DZ

Postby Eagle » 07 Nov 2018, 17:54

As the title says, disallow Rebel factions to trigger a bank robbery when there is on-going Cap. Since it is only the Enforcers/Government who are able to stop the robbers from getting the gold, and at the same moment either Capping or Defending.

It would be really nice if we would be able to protect the bank fairly, since we cannot simply abandom a CZ or DZ for a bank, or we could but lose the CZ/DZ, or continue the CZ/DZ and lose God knows how much money thanks to the recent updates regarding successful bank robbery.

"Veni, vidi, vici" - Caesar
Eagle
III

Character: Lilith Wofly Postimies

Re: Disallow ability to Rob Bank during CZ/DZ

Postby Patepostimies » 07 Nov 2018, 18:00

If not this, then at least have the person who carries the gold be globally visible for the entire time they have the case on them since it's actual faction money on the line.

~ It used to be about trying to create something. Now it's about trying to shoot someone.

My lore
Patepostimies
115RP
=

Character: Walter Pate Postimies

Postby Amy Michaels » 07 Nov 2018, 18:17

As much as I would love to agree with this suggestion, I can't.

Sorry if I am sounding rude or anything nor I am trying to point out any fingers on specific personnel or showing any hatred to any specific faction, but when was last time we had a good RP at Bank? Every time we (rebels) try to RP, AS is always brought by Enf at the bank, even though we try our best, in end we get shot down, so when we can rob the bank? Shella tried to RP at the bank few days and was shot down even though he was in civ skin. I know Enforcers/Military will try their best to prevent such robbery but if they(rebels) will just get shot down just because "Bank is closed" and if someone is trying hard to RP at least they should get some sort of reward for the efforts they put in.

There is very low to no RP these days and only possible RP we can have is at the bank, but in the end, if it's just that we (rebels) are going to be shot down, no matter what efforts we put in making RP realistic, then tell me what else option we will have? The only tactic any rebel would use is to rob the bank when Army is busy with some other stuff etc

I am not saying that this is a bad suggestion or anything but rather if such a suggestion is implemented, I do recommend some sort of rewards at least Rebels should get for their efforts they put in for such RP, if not bank rewards at least passive income like 10k every min till robbery is active or anything similar so at least that motivates them to RP when people are free and not when ENF are trying to defend or to cap any other faction.

Once a Michaels, Always is - Shawn Michaels -2k16
Currently working as Diplomat HoD ,Paperwork Master & Roach Legal Advisor
When all else fails, Diplomacy triumphs!
Assistant Boss of Roaches #MRCHGA
Amy Michaels
=

Character: Amy Atreides Michaels

Postby Skyworth » 07 Nov 2018, 18:25

It's probably because the money you get comes from our faction balance, and the amount you get isn't little either.

I'm not entirely sure about the AS part, I wasn't present when that happened as far as I'm concerned. The last robbery that happened, the person landed his pell and shot me almost instantly before I could even say anything. From my point of view, it just seems like rebels aren't trying to roleplay now as well.

I'm not a Moose.
Skyworth
IV

Character: Amos Reginald

Postby Jeffrey Baker » 07 Nov 2018, 18:34

Amy Michaels wrote:As much as I would love to agree with this suggestion, I can't.

Sorry if I am sounding rude or anything nor I am trying to point out any fingers on specific personnel or showing any hatred to any specific faction, but when was last time we had a good RP at Bank? Every time we (rebels) try to RP, AS is always brought by Enf at the bank, even though we try our best, in end we get shot down, so when we can rob the bank? Shella tried to RP at the bank few days and was shot down even though he was in civ skin. I know Enforcers/Military will try their best to prevent such robbery but if they(rebels) will just get shot down just because "Bank is closed" and if someone is trying hard to RP at least they should get some sort of reward for the efforts they put in.

There is very low to no RP these days and only possible RP we can have is at the bank, but in the end, if it's just that we (rebels) are going to be shot down, no matter what efforts we put in making RP realistic, then tell me what else option we will have? The only tactic any rebel would use is to rob the bank when Army is busy with some other stuff etc

I am not saying that this is a bad suggestion or anything but rather if such a suggestion is implemented, I do recommend some sort of rewards at least Rebels should get for their efforts they put in for such RP, if not bank rewards at least passive income like 10k every min till robbery is active or anything similar so at least that motivates them to RP when people are free and not when ENF are trying to defend or to cap any other faction.

The thing is when the bank is successfully robbed the Enforcers lose like 10mil from their faction balance so obviously they are gonna try and defend it as well as they can even if that means using armed vehicles. The shooting restrictions from bank were also lifted i believe which means its perfectly fine to use these vehicles and tbh doing good RP at bank shouldnt reward you from taking money from another factions balance, try doing an armed robbery next time, bring some vehicles or something and try to force your way to get the money from bank.

As far as the actual suggestion goes, I agree with it, bank robberies can only be initiated once Enforcers are online so it only makes sense that when captures take place they should be disallowed, especially due to the fact that if done correctly Enforcers can lose a big chunk of their money without having a chance to defend the bank. +1

6x Shaman 1x Overseer

Shaman Hawk - Guerilla Pilot - Overseer Pilot I - Sergeant Pilot
Jeffrey Baker
5RP
V

Postby Pie Eater » 07 Nov 2018, 19:27

I agree with a part of it. You shouldn't be allowed to be robbed whilst you have a DZ. However if you are CZing, I think the ability to rob should stay. A CZ is your choice in the end, a DZ is not
Pie Eater
IV

Character: Luldo Jonatiz

Postby Jeffrey Baker » 07 Nov 2018, 19:40

Technically both CZ's and DZ's are a choice, you dont have to defend.

6x Shaman 1x Overseer

Jeffrey Baker
5RP
V

Postby Alexander Haug » 07 Nov 2018, 20:28

While I do get that it's frustrating to have bank while CZ/DZ it's a responsibility that the enfs have and removing the option for rebels to rob during that time removes an opportunity for some tactial roleplay.
Retreat, Hell!

Alexander Haug
=

Character: Alexander Valhalla Haug

Postby Drew Mendoza » 07 Nov 2018, 20:42

Pie Eater wrote:I agree with a part of it. You shouldn't be allowed to be robbed whilst you have a DZ. However if you are CZing, I think the ability to rob should stay. A CZ is your choice in the end, a DZ is not

Well, I think this is exactly how I thought about it, so +1 from me

Former: Officer Dealer - Overseer Recon (HoD) - Sergeant Defender (HoD)

Callsign:ZODIAC
Drew Mendoza
=

Character: Drew Mendoza

Postby Patepostimies » 07 Nov 2018, 21:08

Amy Michaels wrote:There is very low to no RP these days and only possible RP we can have is at the bank, but in the end, if it's just that we (rebels) are going to be shot down, no matter what efforts we put in making RP realistic, then tell me what else option we will have? The only tactic any rebel would use is to rob the bank when Army is busy with some other stuff etc

The truth is now that the money is Government money, there is no reason to let rebels go. The only outcome the RP can have is the robber to get shot and for me that feels pointless. Before I would let robbers go if they had a a good enough cover story but now I will lose half my salary if I would do that. Clearly the focus on bank has been moved away from roleplay: Movement is unrestricted and so is gunplay.

I like to think this should be disabled for the fact that bank should be considered a fun combat activity of its own. How it works now the highest incentive to go is when the Enforcers are capturing or being captured. Same reason you can not capture a faction while it is capturing another point: The activity on its own is a reward and shouldn't be punished for.

~ It used to be about trying to create something. Now it's about trying to shoot someone.

My lore
Patepostimies
115RP
=

Postby Logywoo2 » 08 Nov 2018, 23:12

Amy Michaels wrote:Sorry if I am sounding rude or anything nor I am trying to point out any fingers on specific personnel or showing any hatred to any specific faction, but when was last time we had a good RP at Bank?

Okay so you're wondering how long it's been since there was good RP at the bank. Let's put it this way, if you rob the bank while we cap you aint gonna get any roleplay since we'll be busy capping of defending so I fail to understand why you're using this as a point to not add the suggestion.

Amy Michaels wrote:if not bank rewards at least passive income like 10k every min till robbery is active or anything similar so at least that motivates them to RP when people are free and not when ENF are trying to defend or to cap any other faction.

Alright lets say this does get implemented and you get this passive income, it's not gonna last long if Enforcers actually show up since we don't plan on letting gov lose 15 million (average) so we're just gonna come at you with everything we've got so you don't get anything worth out of it. Giving 10k to rebels is not gonna really motivate Enfs to RP. We already get 50k every certain amount of time and that still doesn't really motivate us to RP. The point is 15mil (average) is taken from the gov per bank robbery which affects Enforcers salary and so RPing isn't really an option since in the past i'd happily let people go with the case if they managed to come up with a good enough RP reason but now our salaries are on the line and gov are losing way too much money due to the recent feature which in all fairness is realistic, the gov should lose a lot of money and therefore if you get away with the gold then fair enough, you've got yourself a lot of cash and gov have lost that cash because you were smart enough to get away. The problem now is you have to play tactically rather than using RP just to get out. If you go to the bank and you start a robbery, you're gonna get shot and die pretty quickly cuz we aint gonna let you steal 15mil of gov balance.
Logywoo2
IV

Character: Logan Oneill

Postby Shella Atreides » 14 Nov 2018, 09:07

CZ/DZ is choice to make.
I don't acutally see what's wrong here. In fact, isn't this some kind of powergaming ?
Since Enforcers(and rebels) can choose to defend/attack the point or come handle bank situation.
In real life, can you really prevent rebels from robbing the bank when polices are busy ?
I don't think so. -1
Shella Atreides

Character: Shella Atreides

Postby Patepostimies » 14 Nov 2018, 12:21

Shella Atreides wrote:CZ/DZ is choice to make.
I don't acutally see what's wrong here. In fact, isn't this some kind of powergaming ?
Since Enforcers(and rebels) can choose to defend/attack the point or come handle bank situation.
In real life, can you really prevent rebels from robbing the bank when polices are busy ?
I don't think so. -1

Bank is another combat activity. Personally I think you shouldn't be punished for initiating captures thus capping while someone else is capping should be disabled and robbing the bank when someone is capping should be disabled as well. You have to also realise that losing the bank is more valuable than losing any other point other than L5 or L6 rig and this can happen every 4 days.

My lore
Patepostimies
115RP
=

Postby Jeffrey Baker » 14 Nov 2018, 15:17

Patepostimies wrote:
Shella Atreides wrote:CZ/DZ is choice to make.
I don't think so. -1

Bank is another combat activity. Personally I think you shouldn't be punished for initiating captures thus capping while someone else is capping should be disabled and robbing the bank when someone is capping should be disabled as well. You have to also realise that losing the bank is more valuable than losing any other point other than L5 or L6 rig and this can happen every 4 days.

We dont lose bank robberies, if im online i will just bomb it with a topa until everyone dies, since that is now allowed.

6x Shaman 1x Overseer

Jeffrey Baker
5RP
V

Return to Ideas and Suggestions