Lower Pell Speeds Because of Mobile Spawns

Moved to https://discord.me/rls #suggestions

Lower Pell Speeds Because of Mobile Spawns

Postby SmithieSmith » 09 Jan 2019, 04:03

I think it would be smart to lower pell speeds because of the introduction of mobile spawns. All factions use them and mostly place them at spell spawns. I think having both increased pell speeds and mobile spawns is overkill. By reducing the pell speeds factions can introduce berings and 474, and the other bigger plane to travel to locations like back in the day.
Hello
SmithieSmith
IV

Character: Smithei Smith

Re: Lower Pell Speeds Because of Mobile Spawns

Postby Drew Mendoza » 09 Jan 2019, 04:35

Simply a -1 from me, I can understand with mobile spawns you can get to the combat zones quickly which is bit annoying maybe, but not always you have mobile spawns all around panau.

Former: Officer Dealer - Overseer Recon (HoD) - Sergeant Defender (HoD)

Callsign:ZODIAC
Drew Mendoza
IV

Character: Drew Mendoza

Postby Blackshad0w » 09 Jan 2019, 06:40

There have been several systems in the past which were put in to limit the use of pells or make them less effective as a fast means of travel. Whether it was something simple like pells with keys or something hugely disruptive like the emp circles, it has always ended badly. Pells are too essential to the game the way they are and we would all be miserable if their speed got reduced.

Side note, if you think air support getting shot down on its way to a points is obnoxious just imagine slower moving pells.
Syndra Hart
Self Proclaimed Grand Admiral of Winstons
Blackshad0w
V

Character: Syndra Hart

Postby Jeffrey Baker » 09 Jan 2019, 14:14

I can see pell speeds being lowered being a good idea, not as slow as they were, maybe to like 480 km/h. I do agree with the suggestion that we could have more uses for berings and 474's, whilst Berings have their FCG there really is no uses for a 474, maybe we could turn them into a mobile aerial spawn location. As soon as you die, if there is a 474 in flight, the last location can appear as a spawn circle on the map and you can be spawned back into free fall from that location. To prevent this being really overpowered though it would only work if the 474 is like 2km high but where you actually spawn is 1km above ground, it sounds kinda dodgy but the idea is still there.

6x Shaman 1x Overseer

Shaman Hawk - Guerilla Pilot - Overseer Pilot I - Sergeant Pilot
Jeffrey Baker
15RP
V

Postby RISE » 09 Jan 2019, 14:26

Previous mission progress speed was okay with lower pell speeds, but now mission progress faster, often felt that we lost time in the journey from HQ to mission. Assume a mission 20km from HQ and you have to drop from 474, two times., mission will simply end before you reach even

Reaper Pilot

hardwork? 0 parts stock to 70k in a week. 200 runs!
Former IC: Leon Resident - j/sgt - licensed mech - thug pilot - initiate pilot ~~ Leon s kenedy Evolution 1998-2017 https://bit.ly/2LV1N62
RISE
=

Character: Nova Rise

Postby Drew Mendoza » 09 Jan 2019, 18:43

Jeffrey Baker wrote: if there is a 474 in flight, the last location can appear as a spawn circle on the map and you can be spawned back into free fall from that location. To prevent this being really overpowered though it would only work if the 474 is like 2km high but where you actually spawn is 1km above ground, it sounds kinda dodgy but the idea is still there.

474s feels more than being useless, it's just waste of money or resuources. I think this idea can make them more useable.

Former: Officer Dealer - Overseer Recon (HoD) - Sergeant Defender (HoD)

Callsign:ZODIAC
Drew Mendoza
IV

Character: Drew Mendoza

Postby Logywoo2 » 09 Jan 2019, 19:28

The only reason that pell speeds are OP combined with mobile spawns if for captures, they're hardly used as a combination at a mission. If you lower the speed then missions that are across the map for some factions will simply not be attended due to the length of time it takes to get from one side of the map to another. I think the range from the CZ/DZ that mobile spawns can be used should just be increased to potentially the cap range of 5km so that you're not spawning 1km from the capture. -1
Logywoo2
IV

Character: Logan Oneill

Postby rabbit » 09 Jan 2019, 22:20

Logywoo2 wrote:I think the range from the CZ/DZ that mobile spawns can be used should just be increased to potentially the cap range of 5km so that you're not spawning 1km from the capture. -1

Completely agree with this. I don't think people need to able to spawn right next to the point, mobile spawns are just there to try and stop the faction hq disparity from affecting caps.
rabbit
II

Postby fyrix » 10 Jan 2019, 17:33

Jessica Rabbit wrote:
Logywoo2 wrote:I think the range from the CZ/DZ that mobile spawns can be used should just be increased to potentially the cap range of 5km so that you're not spawning 1km from the capture. -1

Completely agree with this. I don't think people need to able to spawn right next to the point, mobile spawns are just there to try and stop the faction hq disparity from affecting caps.

I'd agree with this idea too.

Pell speeds are perfectly fine as they are. Panau takes an age to get around regardless.

x2 Hitman // x1 Chief // x1 Major // x1 Avenger // x1 Ghost
The Man, the Myth, the Legend.
fyrix
5RP
=

Character: Dante Knox

Return to Ideas and Suggestions