Change to how spotting works

Moved to https://discord.me/rls #suggestions

Change to how spotting works

Postby krpajda » 02 Mar 2019, 12:22

Currently people spotted by a scout or a sweep you will have a filled in circle placed onto them. This is very neat for vaguely seeing where someone is, but it's not that great for actually shooting at them: the overly makes it harder to actually see what you are shooting at, which almost makes scouting people a downside rather than an advantage, especially if you are trying to spot targets for a sniper, or helicopters for your air support to target.
Instead, it would be much more convenient if the circle was larger and not colored in on the inside. You can still see it just as well, but it no longer gets in the way.
tech-thug-general-mechanic-president-officer-tech-firefighter-private-politician-courier-secretary-sergeant-loyal-major-

Cube the sphere
Wipe off the dust from your eyes
Burn your lies
krpajda
=

Character: Elisabeth Murosson

Re: Change to how spotting works

Postby NeoSacratif » 02 Mar 2019, 14:05

That sounds interesting. I agree, UI elements should not block aim, and if it happens, it is clearly a problem with UI.

+1

Previous:
Alexey Ivanov - Commander Commissar of Reapers
Lex Constantine Asimov - Prospect of Roaches, Initiate of Reapers, Officer of Enforcers
NeoSacratif
5RP
IV

Character: Victoria Alexeeva

Re: Change to how spotting works

Postby stopther99aimbotpls » 07 Mar 2019, 17:49

I know it's kinda late, but I think the current spotting system is ok. I mean I just have to shoot at the general direction/center of the circle most of the time.
stopther99aimbotpls
IV

Character: Robinson Ackles

Return to Ideas and Suggestions