Remove the EMP

Archived topics.

Remove the EMP

Postby Link » 09 Aug 2016, 02:00

The EMP all over the map is terrible in my opinion and ruins flying in general as you cant much in AS now as you cant turn or bomb with heigh EMP levels, this only makes flying AS more difficult and imo(In My Opinion), its not fair.
The Price of AS is high for a reason as its really good if an experienced pilot is flying it, and with the update, it means now that AS is useless and imo, not even worth using as you cant really do much in high EMP, as you cant bomb very good as slower fire rate and also turn/pull up speeds,this means you need to pull up earlier so your bomb run wont be as effective anymore.The price for a G9 in cash for reapers scales around 9-11 million,how can a piece of equipment that expensive and that good not do anything as it gets effected by EMP.I tested the turn rate in a G9 at 20 EMP, i was going full acceleration and in a descent, it took me around 30 seconds to turn, how can it take that long to turn in G9 as its engines being at full power should mean it should only take around 15 seconds to turn,so the EMP at 20 doubles the amount of time taken to turn and this results in that piece of AS being out of the battle for alot longer resulting in, leaving the ground troops vulnerable.
So in my opinion, i think that EMP is a feature that is destroying the fun out of flying AS and should be removed to make AS have a fair chance of fighting again.
Thanks for Reading

Sanchez Ashop's cousin- Cat Blackwood
Callsign-COOKIES
My life message
"You thought it was windows,but it was love"
Link
III

Character: Sanchez Wolfy Michaels

Re: Remove the EMP

Postby Wangod Igorot » 09 Aug 2016, 02:30

There's a ton of stuff that needs to be fixed but the EMP is first and foremost. At least when the EMPs were placed (which seems randomly) the inability to leave flying vehicles seemed to have been removed.
Wangod Igorot
II

Character: Wangod Igorot

Postby Rebecca Jane Larsson » 09 Aug 2016, 02:39

I think the emp is temporary. Its an ic thing?
Rebecca Jane Larsson
IV

Character: Rebecca Jane Larsson

Postby Dante Knox » 09 Aug 2016, 02:43

You got shot down once and the minute you lose to it, you want it gone.

As Josh Crowe always used to say which made me hate him even more.

You shoot down aircraft because of the EMP, You lose an aircraft cause of the EMP.

Who cares? As long as it goes somewhere and still maintains captures that removes the aspect of air superiority - I want the EMP to stay. I want to see where the story develops.

x2 Hitman // x1 Chief // x1 Major // x1 Avenger // x1 Ghost
The Man, the Myth, the Legend.
Dante Knox
IV

Character: Dante Knox

Postby Link » 09 Aug 2016, 02:48

Baron Von Knox wrote:You got shot down once and the minute you lose to it, you want it gone.

As Josh Crowe always used to say which made me hate him even more.

You shoot down aircraft because of the EMP, You lose an aircraft cause of the EMP.

Who cares? As long as it goes somewhere and still maintains captures that removes the aspect of air superiority - I want the EMP to stay. I want to see where the story develops.

First off Dante, i didn't get shot down,i took 0% health loss, but the EMP resulted in the ENF G9 being shot down, and i haven't heard much of the story of the EMP, it just appeared and was never really explained, it moves randomly and that was really it and now its taken the whole map, i don't think its got a story, its just annoying and IMO, its a bad feature that does more harm than good.

Callsign-COOKIES
My life message
Link
III

Postby Sinister Rectus » 09 Aug 2016, 03:01

As said many times, the EMP is not an EMP.

Secondly, you can wait for it to pass, or you can help roleplay it away: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14233
Sinister Rectus
25RP
T

Character: Richard Nesbitt

Postby Dante Knox » 09 Aug 2016, 03:01

Dante Knox
IV

Postby Link » 09 Aug 2016, 04:24

Sinister Rectus wrote:As said many times, the EMP is not an EMP.

Secondly, you can wait for it to pass, or you can help roleplay it away: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14233

Its all around the map atm so you cant really wait for it to pass :(

Callsign-COOKIES
My life message
Link
III

Postby Sinister Rectus » 09 Aug 2016, 05:06

Not sure how its being everywhere precludes waiting, but if it does, try option B. I like to think that the anomaly is a roleplay opportunity, not something meant to annoy people. Take advantage of it, and join in on the roleplay.
Sinister Rectus
25RP
T

Character: Richard Nesbitt

Postby Ellen Krue » 09 Aug 2016, 07:46

Previously, g9s were powerful enough to clear a point in only a few bomb runs. This made it so the faction with more pilots/AS would almost always win any DZ or CZ. AS has always had a massive advantage over ground units and still continues to have a massive advantage over them, albeit slightly smaller. You still have an armored, flying vehicle that can shoot massive one-hit-kill explosions at almost the rate of a machine gun. You may be slightly less effective at raining hellfire down on your enemies, but hellfire is still being rained, and that wouldn't be possible without AS.

I can only use one handed guns. Anybody can take me out with ease. A few days ago you mentioned that you killed 8 of them in one bomb run. The difference in our combat potential is so disproportionate, it's almost funny. AS is still significantly more powerful than anything else in the game. Be glad for that.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41323324
I'm AFK lol
Previously Meike Wizowsky.
Ellen Krue
=

Character: Ellen Krue

Postby Q.E.W » 09 Aug 2016, 08:00

I dont believe EMP will in any way enhance our gameplay experience
I do suggest for it to be removed

Initiate Scout II: 2014
Ghost Scout: 2015

Legendary Scout since September 2014
Q.E.W
IV

Character: Helios Blackfyre Qew

Postby krpajda » 09 Aug 2016, 11:47

It's not even an EMP...
tech-thug-general-mechanic-president-officer-tech-firefighter-private-politician-courier-secretary-sergeant

Cube the sphere
Wipe off the dust from your eyes
Burn your lies
krpajda
=

Character: Krpajda Murosson

Postby David Fordring » 09 Aug 2016, 12:22

I actually like the anomaly being there. The AS was aways crucial in most DZs and CZs and it could easily win missions, if the faction could afford enough of it. It won't take long before your more skilled pilots get used to that and use AS to the maximum of it's potential in such conditions, but till then, and hopefully later aswell it might be a great opportunity for the ground forces to shine and actually do something useful instead of running into cover every 10 seconds, because enemy AS is approaching. Imo before asking to remove it we should give it some more time.

Always a Hunter, Hunters ftw! And a former Reaper Commander or something.
David Fordring - Faith Briers

Have a great time and possibly see you some other time!
David Fordring
=

Character: Faith Briers

Postby Ryan Eastwood » 09 Aug 2016, 12:48

Its even tactical and scouts would have to be sent to see which places are anomaly prone, so that pilots have to make a strategic detour and stuff!Let it stay :D
Guerilla Scout Ryan Eastwood
Running is a better option than walking, sometimes it's the only option..
Bio: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=13804&p=175562#p175562
Lore: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13857
Ryan Eastwood
IV

Character: Ryan Eastwood

Postby Wangod Igorot » 09 Aug 2016, 12:50

Ryan Eastwood wrote:Its even tactical and scouts would have to be sent to see which places are anomaly prone, so that pilots have to make a strategic detour and stuff!Let it stay :D

This literally never happens because the EMP is everywhere.
Wangod Igorot
II

Postby Dante Knox » 09 Aug 2016, 12:52

I mean, in all honesty. The story that is currently going on with it doesn't interest me. However I like the ground-based combat that it almost forces as combat before used to consist of A/S spam.

Though why 30* anomaly has been removed, I'm not too sure.

Dante Knox
IV

Postby Wangod Igorot » 09 Aug 2016, 13:25

Baron Von Knox wrote:I mean, in all honesty. The story that is currently going on with it doesn't interest me. However I like the ground-based combat that it almost forces as combat before used to consist of A/S spam.

Just means you can dominate the skies even harder than ever before.
Wangod Igorot
II

Postby Felicity Desu » 11 Aug 2016, 11:08

If you want to restrict AS usage there are better ways of doing that than this. Why not just increase prices, make the dynamic pricing exponential, give AS finite ammo, reduce it's health, give it a custom hit box radius, make it slower when bombing, make it descend when shooting. There's a million other ways to reduce the impact of air support that isn't going to negatively impact everyone in nearly such a severe and obnoxious way as the anomaly does.

It makes me angry just to think about it. When the little * comes up on my screen my blood boils. If you set out to create something designed to make people want to break their computer over a game, good job because you've created it. The problem isn't that air support is overpowered in fights anyway. The problem is and has been for a long time that there's just too much air support. People can afford to take five havocs to a capture because that's all they're used for anyway - captures, and the passive parts regeneration is strong enough to mean they have no serious loss even if all five go down. They will have them back in a day and a half tops.

Want to make AS less obnoxious? Increase the price five fold and nerf passive regeneration (which has no realism or server benefit anyway) to the ground. The anomaly is an anti-fun mechanic. And this is coming from somebody who rarely uses any form of air support. Make the anomaly's effect null and void on all civilian aircraft. For one of the first times in the server history we have a meta where GS is viable, AS isn't the be all and end all to captures, and ground troops don't feel completely eclipsed by either of the above. That's obviously a great thing, but we can't forget that pilots are people too, and while I think that the strength of AS is in a good state at is it currently, that doesn't mean that keeping an obnoxious wall that slows you, makes it impossible to use auto pilot, virtually impossible to turn and makes you a sitting duck for everyone else is a good idea - it isn't. The anomaly causes people to use AS less? Great. But there are better, more consistant ways to achieve the same result, ones that don't cause anyone flying anything to want to smash their keyboard every time they pass through an anomaly zone.
Felicity Desu
II

Character: Felicity Wolf

Postby Hawker Velocitus » 24 Aug 2016, 05:41

I don't know if I would go so far as suggesting complete elimination of EMP from the server, I do find the anomalies frustrating. What I would suggest is giving anomalies a spherical area of effect, allowing AS pilots to stay in the fight by bombarding the CZ from standoff (blind-fire) distances, as well as fly over anomalies (at high altitude) without issue. Alternatively, you could add an EMP vehicle to the GS arsenal, or buff the existing ECM Urga with (reduced radius) EMP capabilities (in addition to radar jamming), and remove anomalies from the map. This would give ground forces an effective countermeasure to AS (keep them relevant), add a new tactical dynamic (electronic warfare) to fights, make part and trade runs less of a pain, and allow pilots to babysit their aircraft less on the way to the CZs.
Hawker Velocitus
II

Character: Hawker Velocitus

Postby Ruby Baker » 24 Aug 2016, 13:37

• Marked as unhelpful
Link wrote:The EMP all over the map is terrible in my opinion and ruins flying in general as you cant much in AS now as you cant turn or bomb with heigh EMP levels, this only makes flying AS more difficult and imo(In My Opinion), its not fair.
The Price of AS is high for a reason as its really good if an experienced pilot is flying it, and with the update, it means now that AS is useless and imo, not even worth using as you cant really do much in high EMP, as you cant bomb very good as slower fire rate and also turn/pull up speeds,this means you need to pull up earlier so your bomb run wont be as effective anymore.The price for a G9 in cash for reapers scales around 9-11 million,how can a piece of equipment that expensive and that good not do anything as it gets effected by EMP.I tested the turn rate in a G9 at 20 EMP, i was going full acceleration and in a descent, it took me around 30 seconds to turn, how can it take that long to turn in G9 as its engines being at full power should mean it should only take around 15 seconds to turn,so the EMP at 20 doubles the amount of time taken to turn and this results in that piece of AS being out of the battle for alot longer resulting in, leaving the ground troops vulnerable.
So in my opinion, i think that EMP is a feature that is destroying the fun out of flying AS and should be removed to make AS have a fair chance of fighting again.
Thanks for Reading

-1 A/S battles are better in EMP because on how they react to the enemy, for instance it should stop countless Leo's going to a mission *cough* Roaches. EMP was designed to stop pilots moaning at their elites asking for A/S and its a reason not to take A/S. This stops people dominating the skies. Which is very annoying if they are expecting you.

From experience I have flown in EMP, I admit it. It dosent feel right but still, there is a problem on when you pull up in 10-20 EMP. You bomb down in a leo and pull up 100m off the point, you're going to skim the ground. G9 you have to pull up at 600m or your G9 will glitch out. (The back of your G9 slows down and the front is going same speed. Stalling...) When this glitch happens, it's unrecoverable and you crash into the point. I have lost A/S multiple times because of this glitch.

I know it seems annoying but, it's to prevent us from taking 4 Leo's to a Mission and have the other factions cry at their own elites for A/S and cause a lot more stress within the faction. Fkids clearly didn't want the rows in factions and not to mention all the bickering back in the times of 111.1. This was implemented for a good reason, to prevent arguments and keep the faction more stable.

Sergeant Mechanic + Sergeant Ranger + Officer Pilot x2
Loyal Sniper x3 + Loyal Pilot
Initiate Pilot II x2
Callsign: Fixed: "Kaiju" (Kaijū (怪獣 kaijū) (from Japanese "strange beast")
Ruby Baker
III

Character: Ruby Baker

Next

Return to Archives