Confirmation of ramming AS rule

Discussions about the server script changes.

Confirmation of ramming AS rule

Postby Pie Eater » 12 Nov 2018, 23:45

Since some people can't not break the rules as they stand now due to their opinion that the rule doesn't imply (including R5s breaking this rule), I recon it's about time we got an official confirmation of our dearest Keeri wether or not the following rule is still in order:



I fear this would be necessary since it is now broken and will continue to be broken by higher ranks.

For those that believe this rule should not apply anymore, and people getting gunned down by leo's should clear their way themselves to avoid collisions (appearently even when they do not know where the fire is coming from), ask yourselfs this:
I happen to pellbomb you, because I had to get to the point and you just so happened that you were standing right where my pell is going. Is it your fault then, for not running out of the way from the pell, of which you might not even know it's coming straight towards you? Or is it the fault of the person that smashed the pell into you, ruining your gameplay and only adding to your frustration?
My answer is clear on this one.
User avatar
Pie Eater
IV
 
Posts: 316
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:44
Character: Luldo Jonatiz

Re: Confirmation of ramming AS rule

Postby Fero Londo » 13 Nov 2018, 00:00

The way I see it, just because native damage has been removed and it is a little harder to hit the hitsync at long range does not mean this rule is invalid. It exists to prevent non-rp behaviour, no matter if ramming causes blowing up or not, it should not be allowed. Of course accidentely especially if you have lag it can happen from time to time which is the problem. When does an accident turn into on purpose.
Characters:
Andre Ferzi.
Fero Londo

Picture made by Dexter Moser
Picture 2 Another amazing picture by Dexter Moser!
And whoever is offended by this can go fuck themselves.
User avatar
Fero Londo
V
 
Posts: 632
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 14:56
Location: No longer somewhere in panau.
Character: Fero Londo

Re: Confirmation of ramming AS rule

Postby Jeffrey Baker » 13 Nov 2018, 00:07

It would have been nice if you provided some video evidence to show someone "intentionally" ramming you with a leo. I have been on both sides of this and being in the leo its difficult to avoid collisions at times because i get sudden frame drops and any ram is accidental, I have also been on the side getting rammed and normally you can avoid most possible collisions with a slight bit of movement.

I think the problem lies with the fact that you need to be close range to sync damage onto vehicles and therefore there is less room for error and if you get frame drops then its more difficult to turn away, you get that fake EMP effect.

I honestly dont see an issue with accidental ramming, as far as I know it doesnt do any damage to the vehicle and unless its causing you to flip and crash into the ground or something, it shouldnt be considered an offence. I think the main reason it was rule 4 was because ramming a plane was always cause it to explode but not its no longer the case, the wording of the rule should be changed to "intentional ramming of players and aircraft".

Also in response to your pell thing, thats completely different, if you are directing a pell at a point then jumping out then you clearly have the intent of doing damage with it, in the leo situation it has to fly close to you to get good sync but it isnt intentionally trying to ram.

6x Shaman 1x Overseer

Shaman Hawk - Guerilla Pilot - Overseer Pilot I - Sergeant Pilot
User avatar
Jeffrey Baker
5RP
V
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: 06 Aug 2015, 18:34

Re: Confirmation of ramming AS rule

Postby Pie Eater » 13 Nov 2018, 00:08

Fero Londo wrote: When does an accident turn into on purpose.


Good question, but you just have to stay on the safe side of stuff. Leo's still are very effective against rotary, especially when handled by a skilled flyer, which is why it wouldn't hurt instead of taking someone down in one go, to do it in two fly-by's. The need to get it down in that one go shouldn't be that high in order to fully faceplant someone. The problem just is that
1) the leo gets more effective hits on you without there being a RP reason for it to be
2) The rotary in question loses it's target which it could have taken down were it not for this unnecessary ram

Accidents can happen, ofcourse, but *not* in the frequency they have been happening now. Before this update it was a rare sight to see someone faceplanting something else, because the risk that you'd lose your aircraft too was too high. I dont see the absence of native damage as a reason to faceplant rotary
Last edited by Pie Eater on 13 Nov 2018, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Pie Eater
IV
 
Posts: 316
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:44
Character: Luldo Jonatiz

Re: Confirmation of ramming AS rule

Postby Jeffrey Baker » 13 Nov 2018, 00:17

Pie Eater wrote:The problem just is that
1) the leo gets more effective hits on you without there being a RP reason for it to be
2) The rotary in question loses it's target which it could have taken down were it not for this unnecessary ram


I dont get your first point? Do you want the pilot to /me gets hits on the AS? In response to the second one if the ram causes the AS to completely be disorientated and if it wasnt desync then it should be somewhat compensated IF it leads to its loss, a small little tap making it move to the side shouldn't be considered rule 4, especially if unintentional.

Pie Eater wrote:Accidents can happen, ofcourse, but *not* in the frequency they have been happying now. Before this update it was a rare sight to see someone faceplanting something else, because the risk that you'd lose your aircraft too was too high. I dont see the absence of native damage as a reason to faceplant rotary


Thats only because now you have to get close just to sync onto it, its a lot more common now than it was before and that wont change because before you could bomb then fly away when you are within 100m but now you need to get closer for the damage to sync.

6x Shaman 1x Overseer

Shaman Hawk - Guerilla Pilot - Overseer Pilot I - Sergeant Pilot
User avatar
Jeffrey Baker
5RP
V
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: 06 Aug 2015, 18:34

Re: Confirmation of ramming AS rule

Postby Pie Eater » 13 Nov 2018, 00:19

Jeffrey Baker wrote:It would have been nice if you provided some video evidence to show someone "intentionally" ramming you with a leo.

This is a discussion and not a PC, there doesn't need to be given proof, and if you need some just look at the discord chat, Logan said I had to move away and not him, thus intentionally crashing. This error is not on the rotary side that doesn't know where the leo was coming from and was focusing on something else.

I have been on both sides of this and being in the leo its difficult to avoid collisions at times because i get sudden frame drops and any ram is accidental, I have also been on the side getting rammed and normally you can avoid most possible collisions with a slight bit of movement.

Well yeh, collision can be avoided in some cases, where you're clearly focussing on the leo HOWEVER this is not nearly always the case. Let's say you're in a 1v1 against enemy rotor, and out comes that leo, rams into you because "he didnt have enough time to sync the bullets he wanted", you get turned upside down, you lose your target, your target kills you and you couldn't do anything about it. It's just not fair for a leo to have the right to completely fuck someone over without damaging it, it's the same as flying against rotary in a pell, no damage is done yet you completely ruin his approach/fight.


I think the problem lies with the fact that you need to be close range to sync damage onto vehicles and therefore there is less room for error and if you get frame drops then its more difficult to turn away, you get that fake EMP effect.

Okay we all know how unbelievable that sounds with Logan's PC, even I dont get that bad framedrops. anyway, close range to sync or not, maybe you just need to accept that a leo isn't supposed to take something out in one run? It's completely unnecessary, and shouldn't be possible anyway in my opinion. You say that he can't avoid it because he has to hit everything, but that's not true and certainly not if we're talking about how RP something is. You dont see any jets crashing into stuff because they had to get that last bit of damage done before they went past it do you?

I honestly dont see an issue with accidental ramming, as far as I know it doesnt do any damage to the vehicle and unless its causing you to flip and crash into the ground or something, it shouldnt be considered an offence. I think the main reason it was rule 4 was because ramming a plane was always cause it to explode but not its no longer the case, the wording of the rule should be changed to "intentional ramming of players and aircraft".


accidents can happen all the time, and accidental ramming is no problem for me, however, should be punished just as ramming. If you accidently kill someone in real life you still get manslaughter. If accidents aren't reported then it's too easy to say your intentional ramming is an accident. "I didnt pay attention i'm so sorry omg" or "I completely didnt see you there LMAO" can be used way to easy.
So, accidents can happen, but should be punished accordingly. I'm sure that people who never crash into someone and it happens once, wont get PC'd for it. People who are known to do it will, accident or not
User avatar
Pie Eater
IV
 
Posts: 316
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:44
Character: Luldo Jonatiz

Re: Confirmation of ramming AS rule

Postby Pie Eater » 13 Nov 2018, 00:24

Jeffrey Baker wrote:
I dont get your first point? Do you want the pilot to /me gets hits on the AS? In response to the second one if the ram causes the AS to completely be disorientated and if it wasnt desync then it should be somewhat compensated IF it leads to its loss, a small little tap making it move to the side shouldn't be considered rule 4, especially if unintentional.

noone's going to complain about small little taps. My heli's have been turned upside down more than 5 times since this update has been added, and today it did cause me to lose focus on a tank and get destroyed.
As per RP reason I meant that faceplanting rotary isn't RP


Thats only because now you have to get close just to sync onto it, its a lot more common now than it was before and that wont change because before you could bomb then fly away when you are within 100m but now you need to get closer for the damage to sync.

you have to get close but not face-up close. I'm just saying you need to turn away earlier. Also, you can get constant hits when flying underneath the AS, so colliding with it doesn't even have to be the only solution to get most hits on it in most cases.
User avatar
Pie Eater
IV
 
Posts: 316
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:44
Character: Luldo Jonatiz


Return to Server Discussion