HQ Anti-Griefing not working

Report server script bugs here.

HQ Anti-Griefing not working

Postby Isabella Wolfy » 28 Sep 2017, 09:26

Right now people are comming from other factions to our HQ while nobody is watching and shooting our AS, and it takes damage regardless if there is a pilot in it or not, please make the script work again as someone keeps shooting our AS that is not being watched over.

"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography." - Ambrose Bierce
Secretary of Education - Prospect Pilot - General Mechanic - Initiate Pilot II - Loyal Saudagar
Isabella Wolfy
5RP

Location: The country where we have oil in our backyards, Norway.
Character: Isabella Michaels

Re: HQ Anti-Griefing not working

Postby Jakko » 29 Sep 2017, 10:43

• Marked as unhelpful
I think the same thing is happening to everyone, and it's fucking retarded. We have to work hard for our shit too. A possible solution would be just letting all things go back into the grid anyway.
Ular Shaman Mechanic Jakko Fangs Nightstar
Reaper Initiate Pilot Hawk Summers
Roach Thug Medic Ezhno Actaeon
Jakko
IV

Character: Jakko Fangs Nightstar

Postby Jeffrey Baker » 29 Sep 2017, 12:58

Its been happening more since this bug report was made...

4x Ghost, 4x Shaman 1x Overseer

Shaman Hawk - Guerilla Pilot - Overseer Pilot I - Officer Marksman
Jeffrey Baker
5RP
=

Postby Ben Vizla » 29 Sep 2017, 13:08

This bug should be fixed as soon as possible.

Former Pilot HoD and Mechanic HoD
Ben Vizla
IV

Character: Ben Vizla

Postby keeri » 29 Sep 2017, 13:17

it should only be possible at the elite rank of any faction or higher, at which i'll quote there are 'larger issues to solve if you have r4+ griefers'. unless you are aware of other means to deal damage that exist but were overlooked, which is unlikely, it is a case for the other subforum at viewforum.php?f=31
keeri
D

Character: Luca Koester

Postby Jeffrey Baker » 29 Sep 2017, 15:47

But its not like elites are just gonna admit to griefing are they, the only person who was reported was already elite banned, and now there are current elites still doing it when a faction is offline and just because they are offline doesnt make it acceptable. I could drop accusations on who it could be and then it would start another flame war and there would be no point in that because then it wouldnt stop anyway.

4x Ghost, 4x Shaman 1x Overseer

Shaman Hawk - Guerilla Pilot - Overseer Pilot I - Officer Marksman
Jeffrey Baker
5RP
=

Postby akujy » 29 Sep 2017, 19:17

keeri wrote:it should only be possible at the elite rank of any faction or higher, at which i'll quote there are 'larger issues to solve if you have r4+ griefers'. unless you are aware of other means to deal damage that exist but were overlooked, which is unlikely, it is a case for the other subforum at viewforum.php?f=31

If this is the case it means we were griefed by an elite twice at least. And apparently so were other factions. Why not just make it that no one unless the faction's own elites can destroy unoccupied AS at their own hq? We're clearly gone past the point where one can simply rely that faction's elites will abide by every rules. And by that I don't mean to point the finger at anyone specific, just speaking out in general. Not to mention that with the current server's members, it's very hard to police AS all the time, for which it will simply lie at HQ without any guard and without any proof for a PC. Besides I don't get why I should be able to theoretically destroy AS at an enemy faction's HQ, or why another faction member should be able to do the same at Enfs HQ.
Last edited by akujy on 29 Sep 2017, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
"I will give you a show like you have never, ever seen before! Why? Because I can!" - The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels is in the building!
akujy
5RP
=

Location: That small piece of land that used to rule the world! (Yes, Portugal!)
Character: Shawn Michaels

Postby Lucas Hatsumi Vizla » 29 Sep 2017, 19:21

keeri wrote:it should only be possible at the elite rank of any faction or higher, at which i'll quote there are 'larger issues to solve if you have r4+ griefers'. unless you are aware of other means to deal damage that exist but were overlooked, which is unlikely, it is a case for the other subforum at viewforum.php?f=31

Just because "it shouldn't be possible" doesnt mean its not happening, unless you're implying that elites from other factions can damage AS that doesnt belong to their faction at others HQ, which again would be a bug. A player complaint wouldn't solve the problem either it would just create drama and like jeffrey said another flame war and in the end nothing will be done about it.

I can tell you for a fact that this is absolutely a bug considering it has happened to AS at my factions HQ as well and the only elites that we have weren't online when the AS was destroyed at our HQ.

If you do need any ideas for a solution to the problem perhaps make it so that in the logs it will say which individual destroyed the vehicle as well as the last pilot so we as a server can better indentify griefing.

I would personally like to request that we as a server are told if this problem will be solved because it seems like you were just going to ignore it until we figured it out.

Ontop of that if this issue is just ignored i would like for the R5s of each faction to come together and have a discussion about this reoccuring issue, if you all agree (R5s) send me a PM on discord and we can set up a time.
Supreme Meme King
Lucas Hatsumi Vizla
IV

Character: Lucas Hatsumi Vizla

Postby akujy » 29 Sep 2017, 19:30

One simple solution is to make it possible for all the AS within the new restriction limits to go inside the grid. It's simple and prevents griefers as well as the AS clogging up the HQ. There is really no point in having it out anyway. Another idea is what Lucas said regarding logs and yet another one is what I said about making so that if you're not from the faction (elite or not), you can't destroy unoccupied AS at someone's hq.
"I will give you a show like you have never, ever seen before! Why? Because I can!" - The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels is in the building!
akujy
5RP
=

Location: That small piece of land that used to rule the world! (Yes, Portugal!)
Character: Shawn Michaels

Postby Pie Eater » 29 Sep 2017, 22:41

This happening most likely means then that there is one or multiple elites incapable of being an elite. This also means that there is one or more R5s who are not being responsible enough by having these individuals as elites. They should be identified and demoted in my personal opinion, not have a script made against them.
Pie Eater
IV

Character: Pieter Stinger

Postby Isabella Wolfy » 29 Sep 2017, 23:41

Pie Eater wrote:This happening most likely means then that there is one or multiple elites incapable of being an elite. This also means that there is one or more R5s who are not being responsible enough by having these individuals as elites. They should be identified and demoted in my personal opinion, not have a script made against them.

Go ahead and try to find the responsible, I will be waiting for an answer..

Anyways, I liked lucas' idea of creating a system which shows who destroyed the AS, so even if online we will know who it was.

"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography." - Ambrose Bierce
Secretary of Education - Prospect Pilot - General Mechanic - Initiate Pilot II - Loyal Saudagar
Isabella Wolfy
5RP

Location: The country where we have oil in our backyards, Norway.
Character: Isabella Michaels

Return to Bug Reports