[IC] An open letter to the Enforcers

Enforcers - deadly armed militaristic faction, formed by Government.

Moderators: Logywoo2, Toast

[IC] An open letter to the Enforcers

Postby Simon Le Bon » 21 Jun 2017, 12:19

An open letter to the Enforcers

You are simply an entity of the Government. Your demands are irrelevant and thus your side is not relevant to peace talks. This is the stance taken by many in previous attempts at bringing the civil war to an end, and this is the stance that the PFUP believe may contribute to their failures. We understand that you are, at this point, essentially the Panauan Military, and we understand that in the current situation, the end of this war would lead to many of the Enforcers losing their jobs, their residences, and their livelihood. However, this reckless disregard for life needs to be brought to an end, and this can only happen when all parties, of which you are a major one, are happy negotiations have considered their views and needs.

The PFUP are a non-faction-affiliated organisation with the primary intention of enabling and initiating negotiations between the 5 factions. This is why we would like you to talk to our advisors, inform us of your wishes, and help us to make a progressive movement to improve the lives of everybody who resides in Panau. We will not overlook your importance, and your cooperation would be greatly appreciated, not only to demonstrate that you are a reasonable force, contrary to the popular belief that you are simply an organised rank of murderers, but also to help benefit yourselves as much as possible, as total war would end with the Enforcers contract termination leading to a mass of problems for many of your service men and women.

The Front really hope we can get your word to engage, join, and work with us to initiate a coordinated, fair movement to bring peace and fairness to Panau, and we hope you trust that our intentions are genuine.

Yours
The People’s Front for a United Panau
Simon Le Bon
Founder and Leader of PFUP, Bringing Panau Back Together

On holiday until 1/7/17, forum replies slow, not active IG
Simon Le Bon
=

Character: Simon Le Bon

Re: [IC] An open letter to the Enforcers

Postby Isabella Wolfy » 21 Jun 2017, 13:59

*Isabella Michael's PDA beeps as an email arrives, a scanned in letter was shown*

"A negotiation between the 5 factions?", Isabella sighs. "What kind of pathetic fool would think I would ever agree on that kind of a fucked up scenario."
"This shit right here, can fuck right off over there...", "We almost got controll over the entire island soon anyways..."

*Isabella proceeds with deleting the email and continues beating a poor defenseless tech in her cabin.*

"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography." - Ambrose Bierce
Secretary of Education - Overseer Guard - General Mechanic - Initiate Pilot II - Loyal Saudagar
Isabella Wolfy
5RP
V

Location: The country where we have oil in our backyards, Norway.
Character: Adam John Brooks

Postby Skyworth » 21 Jun 2017, 14:04

Camille Ainsworth speeds past the outer gate at Enforcers HQ when a letter gets caught between the windscreen and wipers. She slams on the brakes and stops to glance at the letter.

"Hmm, everyone has to see this", she mumbles while leaning out of the window and grabbing the letter. She then proceeds to drive to the faction shop where she hops out to pin the letter outside.

[b]ENFPOL11
Skyworth
IV

Character: Camille Ainsworth

Postby Lucian Thorne » 21 Jun 2017, 14:21

*Lucian is sitting in the MedBay office and checking on recent medical data as he receives the notification from the mailserver*

"Le Bon ..." he mumbles to himself "I've heard that name somewhere before."

*He proceeds to open the mail and studies it carefully, desecting it for key information and data of relevance*
*A smirk forms on his lips as he grasps the depth of meaning behind the message and he thinks to himself*

The Peoples Front, so so. The Enforcers will not be subject to a sixth faction that hasn't even been sanctified by the Government. Sure we serve the Government, but without us - who's to uphold order? Who's to be held responsible? Whatever new partisan group this is, we might have to fight it.

*He files the mail, takes some notes in his personal journal and continues is work*

The Surgeon of Death
"Manners Maketh Man"
Lore: http://rls.fkids.net/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=11084&p=145407#p145407
Lucian Thorne
IV

Character: Lucian Thorne

Postby akujy » 21 Jun 2017, 15:31

Shawn Michaels reads the letter and can't help himself but laugh. He proceeds to write and publish an open letter of his own:

Dear PFUP, the Enforcers would not lose their jobs if the war ended today. We are no longer independent contractors and haven't been for a while. Quite a while. We are the official army of the Reublic of Panau and we, like our Government, do not negotiate with terrorists. We will continue our work towards maintaining the righteous claim of this government to rule, which is what the traitors, also known as rebels, need to accept. Long gone are the days where forged elections led to disastrous governments that almost destroyed us from within. The current government is legitimate and the rebels refuse to accept it, seeking to enforce their own political agenda by force. Creating a civil war, terrorism, death and destruction does not give one the power to have a saying, ruling, or the right to sit for negotiations.

These rebels tried to force a legitimate government out of it's mandate by force, they tried to impose their will by force. Their efforts have caused unnecessary death and suffering to this nation. The kind that will take many years to heal! Therefore we will continue our work to reunify this country, as mandated by our government, and, if they continue to not lay down their arms, we will strike these rebels and blow them off the face of the earth with the fury of God's own thunder.
"I will give you a show like you have never, ever seen before! Why? Because I can!" - The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels has left the building!
Retired Supreme General.
akujy
5RP
=

Location: That small piece of land that used to rule the world! (Yes, Portugal!)
Character: Shawn Michaels

Postby Patepostimies » 21 Jun 2017, 16:59

I almost thought something interesting had arrived on my desk when I noticed the Government seal on an envelope. Having finished the read I crumbled the letter within my palm and tossed the ball into the firepit. I decided to pull the file on Mr. Le Bon.

"Well it's been a while since the last PR stunt for sure. Wonder how many millions he intends to raise for his campaign through this..."

Peace? It's a land ruled by savages. Hunt or be hunted, kill or be killed. After all I am merely leading the front you have fueled ever since you wanted your fair share in the game of thrones. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

~ It used to be about trying to create something. Now it's about trying to shoot someone.

My lore
Patepostimies
100RP
=

Character: Walter Pate Postimies

Postby Mercenary » 21 Jun 2017, 22:52

Spencer Smite reads the letter on his PDA and gets angry:

What?! A peace?! I will not rest untill every single reaper will be beheaded, every single ular impaled and every single roach hanged!

Then he throws his PDA at wall breaking it.
Mercenary
IV

Character: Spencer Smite

Postby krpajda » 22 Jun 2017, 02:11

On behalf of the defense department i would ask you not to degrade our army to the level of rebel groups.
Besides, if you want the rebels to explain to you why they hate us, i don't see why enforcers would be present as a negotiating party. Maybe for protection, but you are contradicting your first statement.
tech-thug-general-mechanic-president-officer-tech-firefighter-private-politician-courier-secretary-sergeant

Cube the sphere
Wipe off the dust from your eyes
Burn your lies
krpajda
=

Character: Krpajda Murosson

Postby Simon Le Bon » 22 Jun 2017, 12:05

Negotiation is a strength, and the people you dub 'terrorists' are only looking to get the best for their families - a reasonable cause if ever there was one. We are not denying any right to rule, nor are we suggesting that peace talks are a simple matter, however the best for everyone is an end to the mindless killing of our own people.

A total war is not possible. And refusing to accept that peace could be achieved if all parties listen to each other is immoral, and contravenes international rules of conflict.

We arent asking for the Enforcers to stop fighting immediately and accept defeat, but simply to cooperate with the PFUP and talk to representatives. Negotiations can only benefit you if you take part, and accepting the PFUP as Panau's independent negotiator for the Enforcers can really help you to voice your key concerns and conditions for the end to conflict.

Thank you
The People's Front for a United Panau
Simon Le Bon

Simon Le Bon
=

Postby Patepostimies » 22 Jun 2017, 12:46

Dear Mr. Le Bon,

As it stands your demands seem like another set of ideas from a revolutionary. To my knowledge PFUP is not acknowledged by the Panauan Government and does not in anyway represent the official stance of the Government. I question your authority to make such bold claims of the Enforcer army and demand justification for any of the statements made in your letter. As such an inquiry will be opened in terms of your authority to work towards a goal that has not been approved or passed onto our departments. I would personally recommend that you continue to tread lightly unless you wish to be seen as a rebel yourself.

Regards,
General Walter Michaels

~ It used to be about trying to create something. Now it's about trying to shoot someone.

My lore
Patepostimies
100RP
=

Character: Walter Pate Postimies

Postby Simon Le Bon » 22 Jun 2017, 13:38

Of course, everybody at the PFUP understands the scepticism, after all this is a new organisation with some rather sizeable goals in mind. We are happy to answer any queries and questions, and of course we are also initiating talks with the Government in regards to negotiations, however we believe the Enforcers are a separate entity with their own needs and wishes, and therefore we wish to also represent yourselves and talk to you as we strive towards our goal.

It is very reasonable that you would be cautious, however I would like to remind you Mr Le Bon, the subsidiser, has in the past been tied with both the Enforcers and the Government very strongly, and thus has a good understanding of the issues both factions may face in this situation. However, it is vital that in order to end this war with a nation left standing, some form of negotiations need to be instigated at some point along the line, and whilst the Government hold so much power would be the best time for you to begin.

I can assure you, this organisation does not want to invade confidential information, and poses no threat to national security. We simply wish to act messenger and advisor in order to limit future damage to the environment, to the towns and cities, and most importantly - to life.

Thank you
The People's Front for a United Panau
Simon Le Bon

Simon Le Bon
=

[IC] "The Open Letter outside Faction Shop"

Postby Meowcy » 22 Jun 2017, 13:43

(Winston stares at the letter hung outside of the faction shop, then pulls out his tablet to search for past Government archives...)

"Simon.... Le... Bon... ah THAT Simon Le Bon... Pretty sure he said the same thing a few years ago about speaking to all rebel leaders when he was first elected President..."

(He searches up on the internet search engine for the term "Simon Le Bon presidential speech", it returned with a number of results as it was previously streamed on every channel, every advert board and big screen in the country. ((sic.)) )

"And there we go, politicians back at it again recycling their speech"

(He begins scribbling on a sticky note and pastes it on top of the letter:)

Staff Officer | Head of Mechanics
"We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us."
Meowcy
IV

Character: Winston Mercy

[IC] Official Address of the CO-ENF

Postby Meowcy » 23 Jun 2017, 14:31

Classified

DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE - ENFORCERS
Office of the Commanding Officer - Kem Udara Wau Pantas Air Base, East Tanah Raya

ENFHQ/2017/06/OUT/SLB

Mr Simon Le Bon
Office of the People's Front for a United Panau

OFFICIAL ADDRESS FROM THE OFFICE OF THE COMMANDING OFFICER

Dear Mr. Le Bon,

While we are delighted to hear that you "understand that [we] are, at this point, essentially the Panauan Military", because we are. However having it formally written black and white in the Government in the form of an entry of the constitution would "essentially" justify our cause externally to the general public.

We have long been misunderstood for doing nothing to protect the people but only to spread terror and violence on conquered territories occupied by the "rebels". Unlike the "rebels", we are not involved in the governance of the occupied territories, but only to reoccupy and defend the Government's properties and subjects in the name of the Government, and still is. As you have mentioned, this "reckless disregard" for life needs to be brought to an end, and it will only end if there's someone in the Government to lead, and provide adequate welfare for its citizens, so the "rebels" will have no other reasons to resist. Rather than placing Enforcers as a token on the negotiation table and simply talk about cease fire, perhaps one should start on focusing on the governance of existing Government territories and its subjects first.

You have also addressed the need to disband Enforcers' contract in order for the war to end. It is unfortunately, completely false, as it only paves the way for the 3 rebel factions to continue to seize additional Government territories unopposed, and eventually lead to a 3 way faction war, inevitably extending this war to no end. Therefore most importantly, the proper governance of this land and its people should be set as a pre-requisite before the negotiation between factions begin. Finally, democracy should also be returned to its people instead of letting a mysterious Vice President to continue eating up our treasury for his own personal salary and restrict participation in the Government by denying applications, in which it is a clear violation of Part 4.11 of the Constitution.

The position of the Commanding Officer is clear, that Enforcers will continue to uphold the terms of the contract by recapturing territories in the name of the Government, and the coordination of peace and governance of Panau is, not our responsibility. Further inquiries may be sent to the email address attached.

By the General's Command,

Winston Mercy
Major
Staff Officer - Enforcers
Enforcers Headquarters

for

Isabella Michaels
Supreme General
Commanding Officer - Enforcers

E: [email protected]

Staff Officer | Head of Mechanics
"We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us."