• PFD Roles
  • Past Chiefs
  • Units and Personnel
  • PFD Treasury
  • Contact info
  • How to join
  • Volunteer Fire Fighter program

Who are we?

The Panau Fire Department is a privately run association which works together with all of the major factions to protect people and property in Panau. Our primary missions include fire fighting, technical rescue, fire investigation, and emergency medical services. We have 5 units through Panau, allowing us to provide emergency services to the entire region. The Panau Government pays for firefighter salaries, while station construction and equipment are typically donated by the faction(s) whose territory each station covers.

Roles in the PFD

PFD personnel cross-train to support our various missions. We have a number of specific roles and ranks within the department, all of which are summarized in the PFD Guide to Ranks and Roles.

1. Firefighter Trainee
  2. Firefighter
  3. Fire Captain
  4. Deputy Chief
  5. Chief

Past Chiefs:

This section is dedicated to the people who put their lives into running the PFD:

David Montes: June 14th 2014 - unknown
Jason Romero: June 14th 2014 - July 13th 2014
Jared Tao: June 14th 2014 - unknown
Micheal Travis:June 14th 2014 - December 18th 2014
Quercus Alba: June 24th 2014 - July 13th 2014
Johnny Rose: December 19th 2014 - January 6th
James Le Bon: January 11th 2015 - August 5 2015
Darius Merlin: August 5 2015 - present

Units and personnel:

PFD Chief: Darius Merlin

Unit 001 - Government mainland reigon
Station location: PFD HQ, Kampung Tanah Runtung Village

Unit 002 - Government Southern Islands
Station location: Temporarily closed, served by Unit 001

Unit 003 - Reaper Island and South Panau City
Station location: Kuala Jurang Village (10400, 20900) (( This location is not on the F1 map ))

Unit 004 - Ular Territory and North Panau City
Station location: Kampung Sirip Tajam Village

Unit 005 - Roach Territory
Station location: Pekan Gua Cina Village (tentative)

Unit and Station Map (click for large view)

PFD Roster
Please view the current roster here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ingle=true

PFD Treasury

The PFD is financed by private donations, faction contributions, and the Panau Government. If you are interested in supporting the PFD, please contact the Battalion Chief for your nearest PFD unit.

How to contact us

In the event of an emergency, dial 911 immediately and ask for the fire service (( /911 for civs, /srv firefighters [message] for others )). If you wish to contact us for any other reason, send an email (( forum PM or in-game email )) to Darius Merlin or any on-duty (( online in-game )) Battalion Chief. (( or drop a reply in this topic ))

I want to join

There are many roles available for you to pursue a career in the Panau Fire Department! The Panau Government offers a free basic civilian license for active PFD members, allowing you to earn a salary and receive other benefits.

Civilians may join as a Firefighter. Civilian doctors may also work with the PFD as medical responders, but will not be considered employees of the PFD.

Faction members may join the PFD as a Volunteer Fire Fighter. VFF roles include dispatcher, pilot, medic, and first responder. The volunteer fire program is just starting - we will announce more details about this program shortly.

If you wish to join the PFD, please fill out our online application form (( reply to this post IC )) or speak with a PFD Chief or Battalion Chief directly (( in game )). Include the following information: Name, desired role, relevant experience, and current faction membership (if any). After you are accepted, please apply for a Civilian License on the government website (( viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9459 )). Please familiarize yourself with the PFD Training Program and the PFD Roles and Ranks.

Volunteer Fire Fighters (VFF)

Any citizen of Panau is eligible to become a PFD volunteer. The following volunteer roles are available:

Dispatcher: Dispatchers take emergency calls, track and direct PFD resources, and provide communications support during missions. This role is currently reserved for Enforcers Dispatchers, as they already have dispatch training. While on duty, all PFD personnel shall have their radio set to frequency 91.1. If a dispatcher is on duty, they will monitor this channel and use it for communications with PFD.

Pilot: Pilots transport PFD personnel and equipment, fly aircraft for search and rescue missions, perform medical evacuation flights, and provide aerial reconnaissance to watch for fires. Any private pilot or faction pilot is eligible to become a PFD VFF pilot. Pilots must have experience flying Mullen Skeeter and H-62 Quapaw transport aircraft. Armed air support is not permitted on PFD missions, though unarmed faction helicopters like Sparrows are welcome to be used.

Medic: Civilian doctors and faction medics are eligible to become PFD VFF medics. Medics assist injured people at fires and respond to medical emergencies, car and aircraft crashes, and other non-combat injuries. The PFD does not generally respond to injuries related to combat actions. Medics will be reimbursed for medical supplies they use while assisting the PFD.

First Responder: All faction members and licensed civilians are eligible to become VFF first responders. First responders are our first line of defense against fires and other emergencies. Due to the PFD's small size, a faction member or civilian is often closer to a reported fire or incident than the nearest PFD station, and heavy PFD fire trucks can be slow to respond especially to higher elevations. First responders go to the reported incident location as soon as a call is received, and relay information to responding PFD units regarding the situation. First responders typically do not have their own fire trucks, but can help evacuate people from burning areas and direct traffic near incidents. When PFD fire trucks arrive on scene, first responders may be asked to help connect hoses or assist with other equipment.

VFF Roster

Please view the current roster here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ingle=true

Training will be conducted with VFF members and PFD personnel on a regular basis. The fire chief will contact interested volunteers regarding the training schedule.
Last edited by darius_FF on 24 Aug 2015, 22:04, edited 47 times in total.

Panau Fire Department Chief
darius_FF
5RP
II

Character: Darius Merlin

Re: [IC] Panau Fire Department

Postby darius_FF » 21 Aug 2015, 20:50

The Panau Fire Department has established a new formal training process for new members. The latest revision of the PFD Training Manual can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qhH ... SnzF7E/pub

All prospective members are required to contact an existing PFD employee to begin the hiring process. Once initial training is complete, new employees will be assigned to a unit and be eligible to receive a civilian license.

Chief Darius Merlin and Firefighter Jay Wickens are the current Senior Instructors for the PFD. Please contact either of them when they are on duty (( in game )), respond to this posting (( reply to forum post )), or email Darius directly (( forum PM )) if you would like to inquire regarding joining the PFD. The training manual lists current scheduled training hours.

darius_FF
5RP
II

Postby darius_FF » 24 Aug 2015, 22:09

New rank policy and promotion process

Effective immediately, a new policy for ranks and promotions has been established. All PFD employees must read the new PFD Guide to Ranks and Roles and check their status on the official PFD roster.

All PFD personnel have been assigned to Rank 2, Firefighter. Promotions to Fire Captain will be awarded for firefighters who take initiative (( including participating in good roleplay )), are on duty regularly (( doesn't have to be every day, but we'd like to see you around sometimes )), and who post reports to the PFD Reporting System (( post on the forum thread )) after responding to incidents.

A weekly (( ooc time )) review of PFD activity will be conducted by the Chief to determine eligibility for promotions and bonuses. Members who show exceptional service will be eligible to win a weekly award of $50,000 - $100,000.

darius_FF
5RP
II

Postby Mario Castelli » 24 Aug 2015, 23:20

I would like to become a voulnteer firefighter in 3.
Ex Major Mario Castelli
Retired
Mario Castelli
IV

Character: Mario Castelli

Postby darius_FF » 25 Aug 2015, 09:28

Mario Castelli wrote:I would like to become a voulnteer firefighter in 3.

Hi Mario,

Thank you for your interest in the PFD. I have added you to the PFD Roster as a VFF Pilot for Unit 1. Our operating agreement with the factions does not allow us to assign faction members as volunteers operating primarily in units outside their faction's area of influence; however, you may be called upon to respond to incidents in other units as additional resources are needed. Please arrange to meet with myself or Senior Instructor Jay Wickens to go over basic PFD volunteer training. At some point soon I can meet with you personally to review your pilot qualifications and make note of how we can best use your expertise.

Regards,
Darius Merlin
PFD Chief

darius_FF
5RP
II

Postby Mario Castelli » 25 Aug 2015, 13:54

darius_FF wrote:
Mario Castelli wrote:I would like to become a voulnteer firefighter in 3.

Hi Mario,

Thank you for your interest in the PFD. I have added you to the PFD Roster as a VFF Pilot for Unit 1. Our operating agreement with the factions does not allow us to assign faction members as volunteers operating primarily in units outside their faction's area of influence; however, you may be called upon to respond to incidents in other units as additional resources are needed. Please arrange to meet with myself or Senior Instructor Jay Wickens to go over basic PFD volunteer training. At some point soon I can meet with you personally to review your pilot qualifications and make note of how we can best use your expertise.

Regards,
Darius Merlin
PFD Chief

Sounds great! The only reason I requested to be in 3 was becuase my friend was in that decision,
I will gladly switch to the government mainland if necessary. I will contact you as soon as possible to meet up.
Thanks,
Ex Major Mario Castelli
Retired
Mario Castelli
IV

Character: Mario Castelli

Postby RJopson » 29 Aug 2015, 19:54

I would like to be a volunteer firefighter as well. I could supply you with some vehicles and help out if needed.

Callsign: Guardian
Havoc & Leopard/G9 Pilot

Former Shaman of the Ular Boys
RJopson
IV

Postby darius_FF » 30 Aug 2015, 06:37

RJopson wrote:I would like to be a volunteer firefighter as well. I could supply you with some vehicles and help out if needed.

Hi Reece,

I have assigned you as a VFF Pilot in Unit 001. Please arrange to receive training at your convenience. Thanks for your interest, and welcome to the department!

Regards,
Darius Merlin

darius_FF
5RP
II

Postby Jay Wickens » 07 Sep 2015, 20:15

Hi Reece,

I would love to train you and as Darius Merlin has assigned you as a VFF Pilot in Unit 001. I would happly train you at the Training centre. Im sure you will wizz through the training like you was the best pilot.

Good Luck,
Jay Wickens
Kermit Fletcher
PIlot
Licensed Pilot
Nice To Meet You
Jay Wickens
I

Character: Kermit Flectcher

Postby darius_FF » 19 Oct 2015, 07:53

Attention! The Panau Fire Department is hiring!

Due to reduced staff availability, the PFD is in need of new firefighters. We are looking for motivated leaders, and will be evaluating serious applicants for quick promotions due to an urgent need for more deputy chiefs. If you are interested, please submit your resume via email to the Panau Fire Department Chief, Darius Merlin. (( Send me an IC PM stating your interest and any IC qualifications. ))

(( Having recently started working a full time job, I have very little time for RLS these days. I would like to pass the PFD into good hands, so anybody who can demonstrate responsible leadership and good RP will be considered to take the reigns; however anybody will have to start out at the Firefighter level and prove themselves. PM me if you have questions. ))

darius_FF
5RP
II

Postby Whiplash » 01 Nov 2015, 12:50

Please add me to the roster!

Lizzie Whiplash

Firefighter - Already trained - Station 1
Whiplash
IV

Character: Harry Wall

Postby darius_FF » 14 Nov 2015, 21:52

Effective as of November 14th, 2015, Firefighter Lizzie Whiplash has been assigned interim Chief, and will take charge of all day-to-day operations of the PFD.

Regards,
Chief Darius Merlin

darius_FF
5RP
II

Postby Whiplash » 14 Nov 2015, 22:10

Thank You - I hope to do you proud.

(( Fkids - Please make me the owner of this post so I can edit ))
Many Thanks,

Assistant Head of ENFPOL == 5th April 2018 > Present.
Whiplash
IV

Character: Harry Wall

Postby Ryan Eastwood » 29 May 2016, 16:44

Hello Darius,
I would like to sign up as a VFF, most probably in Unit 03
Thanks
Guerilla Scout Ryan Eastwood
Running is a better option than walking, sometimes it's the only option..
Bio: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=13804&p=175562#p175562
Lore: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13857
Ryan Eastwood
IV

Character: Ryan Eastwood

Postby Anne.Westcliff » 22 Jun 2017, 10:51

If the firefighters are still active then i want to apply for an VFF in 1. i can supply u with some cars if needed
Contact me if u need Peek Vestiges as decoration somewhere. I´ll be there as soon as i can.

Officer Scout I - Sergeant Runner - HoD of Runners - Callsign Wombat - ENFPOL 27
Anne.Westcliff
II

Character: Anne Westcliff Cooper

Return to Panau Fire Department