[IC] Commission of Inquiry: Peacekeepers Operations

Government - elite group of people aimed to take control over Panau.

Moderator: Walter Ozias

[IC] Commission of Inquiry: Peacekeepers Operations

Postby Kim Jungin » 04 Sep 2016, 15:16

Commission of Inquiry into the Peacekeepers

Scope: The Peacekeepers have been operating within Panau's boarders as a police organization and government security details for some years now. A commission of Inquiry into the Operations and Resources available to the this organization will now come under review and recommendations passed down to Parliament.
For Panau to function as a law abiding country where it's citizens are free to move about with appropriate security this review must be conducted

Time frame: The commission is estimated to be completed within the month

Commissioner assigned - Nabil Nyien

Budget Estimate for Inquiry F.O.I may be sought from Dept of Treasury

Areas of Review

- Training
- Vehicle appropriateness and maintenance
- Recruitment
- Funding
- Crime Rates

Interview Requests

- Unit Chiefs - Active and Retired
- Peacekeepers - Active and Retired

A report will be published and released to the public after the Parliament discusses the findings of the Inquiry and recommendations

This notice has been encrypted and sent too all members of Government, Past and Present Peacekeepers

Classified
Kim Jungin - Mother of PDRP
Don Jose - Major Dis and ENFPOL
Harvey Flynn - RCH Corp Employee
Oliver Cowper - Marine Mechanic
Jan Van Jose - Firefighter

Some people call me the space cowboy, others call me the gangster of love.. I prefer Don
Kim Jungin
20RP
=

Character: Don Jose

Re: [IC] Commission of Inquiry: Peacekeepers Operations

Postby Kim Jungin » 13 Sep 2016, 05:00

Commission will close the interview stage within 3 days; if you require the documents please email [email protected]

Vote Closes

Submissions have now closed, commissioner is now collating the data from all interviews and handing down his recommendations to Parliament and the public under the Freedom of Information Act

The report will be revised and testimony added before report is submitted to parliament and the public

Some people call me the space cowboy, others call me the gangster of love.. I prefer Don
Kim Jungin
20RP
=

Re: [IC] Commission of Inquiry: Peacekeepers Operations

Postby Kim Jungin » 18 Sep 2016, 23:32

In the interest of Government transparency and after review and the ability for government staff to commment the initial report is now available to the public

Commission of Inquiry into the Peacekeepers

Interim Findings

Scope: The Peacekeepers have been operating within Panau's boarders as a police organization and government security details for some years now. A commission of Inquiry into the Operations and Resources available to the this organization will now come under review and recommendations passed down to Parliament.
For Panau to function as a law abiding country where it's citizens are free to move about with appropriate security this review must be conducted

Commissioner assigned - Secretary of Justice Nabil Nyien

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interviews:

Interviews were conducted with Ex members of the Peacekeepers, Current Members and Related Parties from the Government and the Military. All interviewees were advised of their rights.

Peacekeepers (Past/Present)

Unit Chief Shae Hatsumi Vizla
Peacekeeper Grade II JasonSawyer
Ex Chief - Dante Knox

Law Enforcement Branch

Secretary of Defense - Krpajda Murosson

Panau Bureau of Investigation

Assistant Director - James Roth Solomon

Military (Enforcers)

General Shawn Michaels

Personal Invitations to other members of Parliament directly involved were sent however a response was not provided in time

Initial Report

During the process of interviews it became apparent of now only the wide opinions of the parties involved but also the evolution of the Peacekeepers and their current role in Panau. I feel one of the major causes of the problems in the peacekeepers is a clear lack of direction and jurisdiction issues. Without looking into the history uncovered by the interviews it would be impossible to address the issues at hand

History uncovered by the Interviews

The peacekeepers is a government initiate to create a stable police force within Panau. At it's inception is was met with great hostility by the Enforcers who had created their own policing Sub-Unit within their ranks. This was seen as a direct threat and tensions rose over jurisdiction at crime scenes.

The first Chief of the Peacekeepers was Dante Knox; upon the inception of the Peacekeepers he attempted with Frank Overwood to set up a clear directive, build a training program and recruitment; the issue at that time of the Peacekeepers was insubordination and the hiring of officers not up to the code. Chief Knox has a prestigious record within the Peacekeepers however found himself placing in for early retirement due to a power struggle within the Peacekeeper ranks. We commend Chief Knox for his efforts in turbulent times

Satomi Enju & Yune Desonai replaced Chief Knox, at this point in time the legacy of the peacekeepers changed, there was an abolishment of President Overwood's set rules and instructions, moving towards a more militarized form of the peacekeepers, a legacy that continues on today. It is acknowledged that this is a key point at which the civilian faith in the Peacekeepers as a Police force available to all became somewhat of a paramilitary organization. This could be clearly seen by the storage of high powered assault vehicles being stored at Government Headquarters in violation of the DMZ, summed up best in the quotes

I'm afraid the biggest legacy of the Peacekeepers will be their ambition to become an army at some point in the past. Directing their resources at actual crime fighting in a country with enough crime for decades to come would be of much more help to our nation. Gearing them up as a de facto police force that deals with the non militarized side of the national issues could be of a great service to the country and a way to help the army with dealing with the current situation at Panau.

It's at this time the peacekeepers began to loose their way, They began the implementation of APC's, armed vehicles and so forth. Use of Modified K24s and light air support effectively becoming "Enforcers-lite", this action was the call of the chief and the support of the then incumbent government. This I believe is where people lost faith in the Peacekeepers. They gained presidential power and consolidated it. It stifled any career path of other Peacekeepers and I believe to this day it the cause of lack of recruitment

Neither Satomi Enju nor Yune Desonai, were fit for duty in my professional opinion. It had become a paramilitary, from a outsiders perspective. Under the currently leadership though we are seeing a more police work (Sawyer) and better liaising with departments

On her retirement from the Peacekeepers Yune Desonai handed Unit Chief to Shae Hatsumi Vizla who comes with glowing reviews

Has shown competency in her work so far. I have no reason to complain or question Shae's position or skills as a Chief of the Peacekeepers. I would also add that in the current state of affairs, economy and internal conflict in our nation, one has to always be aware that any law enforcement agency will always have a very hard work ahead. My improvement suggestions would rather go to the definition given to the Peacekeepers upon their inception and that, despite the different leaderships they had, might still need to be defined.

She has excellent technical skills however I would like to see more activity

However some were not as complimentary

Sporadic, It's extremely quiet on her part. Whilst she is not doing a bad job nor stepping out of line, she's not doing a particularly good one. She's adept enough at the job just not active enough for the unit

Internal Reports suggest that Unit Chief Vizla is returning from extended holidays, in the current time and space the Active Peacekeeper we have in Panau is Jason Sawyer. He has been commended by the government for all the recent work done on the Midas case and encouraging recruitment within the force

Law Enforcement Branch of Government

It also appears that serious issues have come from the department as well, the following statements were made about the department in general

I'm unaware of what you mean by "all three divisions". I am unaware of any hierarchy, or any roles of said hierarchy. I follow my orders, be it by the President or other Prime Ministers. I then dispatch orders as I see fit to combat the threat brought up to the people. I answer 911 calls and send out peacekeeping patrols. I keep the GovHQ safe. That's what I do. Everything else is above my pay grade.

Thought's on Government support from Law Enforcement Branch to executive committee?
If we have received Government support, I have yet to hear it. We are our own branch as far as I was informed.

Thought's on Government support from Law Enforcement Branch to executive committee?
You mean my thoughts about the support given to those 2 specific departments of the Government (executive and law enforcement), or by these 2 specific branches of the government when it comes to the army? When it comes to the Peacekeepers it is my belief they have contributed to assist us in many times and in other times have contributed to set up a possible confusion between police and army. The secret to increasing ours and their productivity lies somewhere in the middle. From what I have seen they were always well supported by all government branches and departments.

It appears that in the past there has been moral and monetary support to the peacekeepers however the accountability of not only the Peacekeepers but the Law Enforcement Branch is next to nil, this has been a major failing on behalf of the Law Enforcement Branch to the Peacekeepers

For our Government to move forward not only must Peacekeepers be held accountable for actions but as should their superiors who represent them on the floors of Parliament. As a team we must accept our past mistakes and move toward the transparent, proud future.

Findings:

Two biggest issues facing the Peacekeepers is that

they have no clear objectives in Panau, those they do respond to overlap with both the Enforcers and PBI. Identifying that they are a police force and forming a hierarchy of accountability and rewards. This would over time increase not only the moral but recruitment

Clear and Identified career path; Currently without the ability for Peacekeepers to be adequately rewarded for the cases closed and the rules of Justice enforced in Panau.

Recommendations:

- Liaising with the Peacekeepers to establish a clear and concrete Mission Statement and Guidelines that will be available to the public, these guidelines will be to reflect not only the position of policing in Panau and moving away from the militarization. Thereby clearly defining jurisdiction.

- Liaising with the Government, Enforcers and Peacekeepers to set up a treaty whereby the peacekeepers should they require heavier firepower, have a necessary support from the military as urgently as possible, the denial of services would only be subject to matters of national security such as land reclamation or Defense against criminal syndicates moving into villages. This must be signed by all parties, ENF, Gov and PK

- Establishment of the Warrant system whereby crimes being investigated, that are not of the immediate effect i.e. people caught in the act of the crime, will require a warrant for the arrest/seizure of property/searching of premises. This gives good legal foundations and transparency to the Justice system and Government as a whole. These warrants will be available to the public and may be classified where required

- Establishment of the reporting committee - A bi-weekly briefing on current active cases, or immediate on special cases by the chief or nominated representative to the Law Enforcement Branch. This will allow for the chief or nominated representative to request more funding or resources for the tasks at hand and the Department to offer incentives to the Peacekeepers.

- Establishment of Dispatch Line for Serious Crimes - A serious crimes initial case report that will only be closed once a case has been closed by the Dept of Justice

- Liaising with the Dept of Science to extend it's resources for toxin screens of bodies, coroners reports and any forensic data where required

- Recommendation of new Unit Chief to stand alongside Unit Chief Hatsumi to manage the workload effectively and share the burden

- The hiring of Civilian Judges to sit on the panel of the courts, this will provide a clear and unbiased system of justice

This concluded the first stage findings of the Inquiry

Classified

((If Shae and or Sawyer are happy to have an IC meeting with me to get some feedback we can use the already created warrant page viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12689, and dispatch line which is to create short-term cases for Peacekeepers similar to missions. It'll be up to you both as the dept grows to assign people to these. and the Weekly Briefing page in classifieds for the Law Enforcement Branch. Reiterating again this is not a takeover of the Peacekeepers but an ability to create more RP, make both the peacekeepers and government more accountable for both our actions.))

This report will be public in 2 days under the Freedom of Information Act

Kim Jungin
20RP
=

Return to Government