Elites not able to destroy AS of other factions

Place for ideas that you want to see implemented.

Re: Elites not able to destroy AS of other factions

Postby grace » 25 Apr 2018, 22:21

Shellaherself wrote:First of all, Yes, the problem itself is directly to certain elites themselves. This suggestion has been made befoee and it got rejected by keeri for certain reasons. The thing we should discuss here is how to prevent certain people from getting to be elites in the first place. It’s clear that this only happens with certain groups of elites. I think some background check will be useful. Some people don’t have neither responsibility or maturity to be elites in the first place. We can’t blame them for being themselves. They couldn’t help it.


That's just anonymity, good people do bad things when they think nobody is watching.
User avatar
grace
I
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 20 Oct 2017, 00:31
Character: pososlo

Re: Elites not able to destroy AS of other factions

Postby Atreides » 26 Apr 2018, 08:42

grace wrote:
Shellaherself wrote:First of all, Yes, the problem itself is directly to certain elites themselves. This suggestion has been made befoee and it got rejected by keeri for certain reasons. The thing we should discuss here is how to prevent certain people from getting to be elites in the first place. It’s clear that this only happens with certain groups of elites. I think some background check will be useful. Some people don’t have neither responsibility or maturity to be elites in the first place. We can’t blame them for being themselves. They couldn’t help it.


That's just anonymity, good people do bad things when they think nobody is watching.


Depending on how many times those 'good people' did bad things.
and, I don't think the word 'good' suits certain people.

Head of Atreides Family
Boss Shella Atredies Shay
Owner of Arcade - Ex-HoD of Recruiter - Recruiter of Roaches
User avatar
Atreides
 
Posts: 155
Joined: 02 May 2015, 07:13
Location: Rayong, Thailand
Character: Shella Atreides Shay

Re: Elites not able to destroy AS of other factions

Postby Atreides » 26 Apr 2018, 08:45

Jeffrey Baker wrote:
Shellaherself wrote: I think some background check will be useful.


Good idea, lets also give them ankle tracking devices.


Well maybe you will be the first volunteer to do so.

Head of Atreides Family
Boss Shella Atredies Shay
Owner of Arcade - Ex-HoD of Recruiter - Recruiter of Roaches
User avatar
Atreides
 
Posts: 155
Joined: 02 May 2015, 07:13
Location: Rayong, Thailand
Character: Shella Atreides Shay

Re: Elites not able to destroy AS of other factions

Postby Vic Cape Mustaine » 26 Apr 2018, 09:09

Shellaherself wrote: I think some background check will be useful.


You can already check peoples past misbehaviour on RLS if you are an R5
User avatar
Vic Cape Mustaine
5RP
IV
 
Posts: 158
Joined: 06 Jul 2014, 21:35
Location: Slovakia
Character: Vic Cape Mustaine

Re: Elites not able to destroy AS of other factions

Postby Atreides » 26 Apr 2018, 10:01

Vic Cape Mustaine wrote:
Shellaherself wrote: I think some background check will be useful.


You can already check peoples past misbehaviour on RLS if you are an R5


I don't want to point finger to anybody but as you can see a certain faction probably did not do that.

Head of Atreides Family
Boss Shella Atredies Shay
Owner of Arcade - Ex-HoD of Recruiter - Recruiter of Roaches
User avatar
Atreides
 
Posts: 155
Joined: 02 May 2015, 07:13
Location: Rayong, Thailand
Character: Shella Atreides Shay

Re: Elites not able to destroy AS of other factions

Postby grace » 26 Apr 2018, 10:42

Shellaherself wrote:
grace wrote:
Shellaherself wrote:First of all, Yes, the problem itself is directly to certain elites themselves. This suggestion has been made befoee and it got rejected by keeri for certain reasons. The thing we should discuss here is how to prevent certain people from getting to be elites in the first place. It’s clear that this only happens with certain groups of elites. I think some background check will be useful. Some people don’t have neither responsibility or maturity to be elites in the first place. We can’t blame them for being themselves. They couldn’t help it.


That's just anonymity, good people do bad things when they think nobody is watching.


Depending on how many times those 'good people' did bad things.
and, I don't think the word 'good' suits certain people.


You promoted an alt of a of banned player to Boss because you thought nobody would find out. Jeffrey destroyed enemy air support at their HQs because he thought nobody would find out. I don't see any difference between the two, perceived anonymity makes nice people do things that they otherwise wouldn't.
User avatar
grace
I
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 20 Oct 2017, 00:31
Character: pososlo

Re: Elites not able to destroy AS of other factions

Postby Atreides » 26 Apr 2018, 14:54

grace wrote:You promoted an alt of a of banned player to Boss

I have made a mistake and I got punished for it.

grace wrote:Jeffrey destroyed enemy air support at their HQs because he thought nobody would find out

Irrelevant. He didn't just destroy air support, he prevaricated. And this is not the first time that he has done something like this.
If you know the story of our beloved Jess Rabbit and her relations with your friends.

grace wrote:I don't see any difference between the two

The difference is: I don't repeat my mistakes but in contrast, some people did repeat it knowingly without any fear for the rules of this community

And I won't be answering anymore to this as the Ulars clearly see this as a chance to spread hate once more. Therefore, I would suggest we all stick to the beginning point of the post rather than wasting our time with somebody who had no idea about what have they posted or how the story started or even how legit the information they have posted.

Like I said, people can make mistakes but some learned their lessons and try to improve themselves, some exploits the given chances. You know what category your friend should be in.

And do me a favour, don't believe everything you've been told.

Head of Atreides Family
Boss Shella Atredies Shay
Owner of Arcade - Ex-HoD of Recruiter - Recruiter of Roaches
User avatar
Atreides
 
Posts: 155
Joined: 02 May 2015, 07:13
Location: Rayong, Thailand
Character: Shella Atreides Shay

Re: Elites not able to destroy AS of other factions

Postby Vic Cape Mustaine » 27 Apr 2018, 08:05

Atreides wrote:
Vic Cape Mustaine wrote:
Shellaherself wrote: I think some background check will be useful.


You can already check peoples past misbehaviour on RLS if you are an R5


I don't want to point finger to anybody but as you can see a certain faction probably did not do that.


What kind of a background check do you want then? I think this is the closest thing to that you can get. And nobody says you have to abide by it so I dont see how any more checks would be useful.
User avatar
Vic Cape Mustaine
5RP
IV
 
Posts: 158
Joined: 06 Jul 2014, 21:35
Location: Slovakia
Character: Vic Cape Mustaine

Re: Elites not able to destroy AS of other factions

Postby Robin Pike » 02 May 2018, 23:24

Well it keeps happening. Just today all Reaper AS outside of the grid was destroyed in a matter of 2-3 minutes. If it was a natural thing of bug, all that AS would have been destroyed at the same time but as logs show, it was about the time that it would take to destroy it all.
Image

If there's some kind of server logs that register the players that logged in and out or something like that maybe keeri as access to, it would be possible to know who was online at 15:53 server time today. At that hour, and with the current player base, there should not be many players online.

We need to do something to prevent this from happening, now Roaches, Enforcers and Reaper had all their AS destroyed at least once. This can not continue.
"For the monsters do not depart, whether the gods go or come." - J.R.R. Tolkien
User avatar
Robin Pike
IV
 
Posts: 266
Joined: 06 Jan 2016, 21:35
Location: Home :)
Character: Robin Pike

Re: Elites not able to destroy AS of other factions

Postby Atreides » 03 May 2018, 03:49

I believe we must do something for this, since as we all know before, nobody is going to take responsible for this.
All we can do is suspect, I didn't mean to witchhunting anybody but we know(from the past history) the probability of who could it be.

Head of Atreides Family
Boss Shella Atredies Shay
Owner of Arcade - Ex-HoD of Recruiter - Recruiter of Roaches
User avatar
Atreides
 
Posts: 155
Joined: 02 May 2015, 07:13
Location: Rayong, Thailand
Character: Shella Atreides Shay

Re: Elites not able to destroy AS of other factions

Postby Fyrix » 03 May 2018, 07:15

Surely you could attach in the log as a hidden option for yourself (keeri) or for R5s to see who destroyed it. Name, Steam Name, Steam ID.

Don’t really know why it’s a cross faction feature honestly, just seems more hassle than it’s worth.

x2 Hitman // x1 Chief // x1 Major // x1 Avenger // x1 Ghost
The Man, the Myth, the Legend.
User avatar
Fyrix
5RP
=
 
Posts: 1617
Joined: 15 Feb 2014, 22:11
Location: England, United Kingdom
Character: Dante Knox

Re: Elites not able to destroy AS of other factions

Postby Robin Pike » 12 May 2018, 18:12

All reaper AS was destroyed, again... in a matter of 1 minutes. Please someone do something about this!
Image
"For the monsters do not depart, whether the gods go or come." - J.R.R. Tolkien
User avatar
Robin Pike
IV
 
Posts: 266
Joined: 06 Jan 2016, 21:35
Location: Home :)
Character: Robin Pike

Re: Elites not able to destroy AS of other factions

Postby Fyrix » 22 May 2018, 14:23

Would be extremely helpful if Keeri could justify/clarify implementing this feature in the first place, because I'm really struggling to see any benefit if another factions elites can destroy your air support within the "protected" boundaries.

x2 Hitman // x1 Chief // x1 Major // x1 Avenger // x1 Ghost
The Man, the Myth, the Legend.
User avatar
Fyrix
5RP
=
 
Posts: 1617
Joined: 15 Feb 2014, 22:11
Location: England, United Kingdom
Character: Dante Knox

Previous

Return to Ideas and Suggestions