Make unarmed players invisible on f2 map for co-op missions.

Place for ideas that you want to see implemented.

Make unarmed players invisible on f2 map for co-op missions.

Postby Robin Pike » 07 May 2018, 03:21

Usually co-op missions go well and there's no big issues. Right now, when on a co-op mission, players can see on f2 map the players from the faction that they are doing the co-op with.

Unfortunately one faction (fortunately all other 3 factions never do this kind of thing, that i'm aware off) uses this feature to go after the players of the faction that they are paired with and simply make their lives a lot harder.

Today Reapers where paired with the Ular Boys and the following happened:
I was not attending mission, so i found it strange when i saw on f2 map that a ular was coming straight for me and in a opposite way to the mission. During that said Ular also used passed out information to an enforcer (ular alt), and said enforcer also came straight for me, knowing my position given by the ular, as can be seen on the videos below:
- https://youtu.be/JsO_0A5rWBE
- https://youtu.be/uJLtk0gXZzM
- https://youtu.be/lCi-thlCjrc

After having their fun, they then decided to come to Reaper HQ, and try to get me wounded while i was pretending to be afk:
- https://youtu.be/4dEEJa7jS5s

Still ignoring them i went to do my runs and relax, obviously that didn't last long yet again:
- https://youtu.be/jCc0Ezw5HKw

And after that basically besieged me in HQ with a g9, bombing our hangars (where we keep our AS outside the grid) and going after me if i tried to leave:
- https://youtu.be/5pIADDxSqFE

So i suggest that, if a player is using civ skin and has no weapons, then said player should not be visible to others during co-op.
That or give us a way to end the co-op so that we can do anything productive other than logging out when some players feel like doing this kind of things. Because doing the mission is not an option as well, they'll just do the same at the mission, preventing it from ending.

Edit: And today again: https://youtu.be/Nqg02UOpx48
Last edited by Robin Pike on 07 May 2018, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
"For the monsters do not depart, whether the gods go or come." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Robin Pike
IV

Character: Robin Pike

Re: Make unarmed players invisible on f2 map for co-op missi

Postby steliosskaf983 » 07 May 2018, 06:48

Instead of having a new feature perhaos it would be better if making a complaint for cross-faction cooperation aswell as mixing IC and OOC information as the f2 map is OOC
"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction"-John F. Kennedy-

steliosskaf983
IV

Character: Osvaldo Bowman

Postby xXx_mlgpro420XD_xXx » 07 May 2018, 10:13

steliosskaf983 wrote:Instead of having a new feature perhaos it would be better if making a complaint for cross-faction cooperation aswell as mixing IC and OOC information as the f2 map is OOC

That would work but Robin's trying to prevent similar things from happening in the future.
OOF
dabbed on
xXx_mlgpro420XD_xXx
III

Character: Fabian Luffy

Postby xXx_mlgpro420XD_xXx » 07 May 2018, 10:20

Robin Pike wrote:So i suggest that, if a player is using civ skin and has no weapons, then said player should not be visible to others during co-op.
That or give us a way to end the co-op so that we can do anything productive other than logging out when some players feel like doing this kind of things. Because doing the mission is not an option as well, they'll just do the same at the mission, preventing it from ending.

That's a good idea, but i believe it would be better to use /holster as a command to hide players' location from f2 co-op map.
OOF
dabbed on
xXx_mlgpro420XD_xXx
III

Character: Fabian Luffy

Postby Robin Pike » 07 May 2018, 15:06

xXx_mlgpro420XD_xXx wrote:That's a good idea, but i believe it would be better to use /holster as a command to hide players' location from f2 co-op map.

That's what i'm saying. xD
"a player is using civ skin and has no weapons" = someone in civ skin and in /holster. :3

steliosskaf983 wrote:Instead of having a new feature perhaos it would be better if making a complaint for cross-faction cooperation aswell as mixing IC and OOC information as the f2 map is OOC

A compliant would probably stop the problem for a day or two. Even if said accounts are banned... they are all alts! So in a few days they are back and doing the same thing all over again. That's why i'm suggesting a way to prevent it from happening.
Robin Pike
IV

Postby krpajda » 08 May 2018, 00:24

Is there any reason why you should see your cooperating faction's members... that are not on or near the mission?
tech-thug-general-mechanic-president-officer-tech-firefighter-private-politician-courier-secretary-sergeant

Cube the sphere
Wipe off the dust from your eyes
Burn your lies
krpajda
=

Character: Krpajda Murosson

Postby Robin Pike » 08 May 2018, 01:15

krpajda wrote:Is there any reason why you should see your cooperating faction's members... that are not on or near the mission?

No, not really. But so far it was not a big problem. It can be annoying when, for example, one faction is about to start a capture and suddenly a mission starts allowing the faction members that where about to get capped to see what the other faction was preparing before the cap is started. But apart from that no big issues have ever happened with Reapers, Roaches and Enforcers. Just recently a lot of ular players decided to hunt down their co-op partners, even at their HQ. Another incident happened today, besides the edited into the first post.

A enf g9 was followed and rammed by a ular pell finding it due to the co-op mission.
And the have ular, many hours later, prevented a trade between Reapers and Roaches, by pell-bombing Roach HQ with a invincible pell (aka hacks yet again, same thing happened on a CZ on Reapers and a CZ on Enforcers today, but with and Hedge and the same player): https://youtu.be/FUOaJm8XlH0
Robin Pike
IV

Postby Atreides » 08 May 2018, 06:30

We should reconsider our method towards certain faction since as we all can clearly see, no action had been taken towards the hackers.

And yes, I agree with you Robin, but the best and long lasting solution is to stop hacking and play by the rules but I think a certain faction can't do it because they know they couldn't win on their own :smile:

Head of Atreides Family
Boss Shella Atredies Shay
Owner of Arcade - Ex-HoD of Recruiter - Recruiter of Roaches
Atreides

Character: Shella Atreides Shay

Postby Jakko » 11 May 2018, 08:54

Atreides wrote:We should reconsider our method towards certain faction since as we all can clearly see, no action had been taken towards the hackers.

And yes, I agree with you Robin, but the best and long lasting solution is to stop hacking and play by the rules but I think a certain faction can't do it because they know they couldn't win on their own :smile:

Isn't this a place for suggesting new ideas to implement instead of digging on other factions and promoting cross faction hatred?
In regards to the idea, it makes sense, but since I no longer play on the server it doesn't affect me. But either way it's a good idea.

Roses are red, Violets are blue, my dreams are dead and I don't know what to do.
Women are the bane of my existence.
Jakko
IV

Character: Jakko Fangs Nightstar

Postby Atreides » 12 May 2018, 06:04

Kainaken wrote:Isn't this a place for suggesting new ideas to implement instead of digging on other factions and promoting cross faction hatred?
In regards to the idea, it makes sense, but since I no longer play on the server it doesn't affect me. But either way it's a good idea.

Yes, it's 'Ideas and Suggestions' and tell me, this is a suggest isn't it?

Atreides wrote:We should reconsider our method towards certain faction since as we all can clearly see, no action had been taken towards the hackers.

I'm saying that if we respect the rules, it will be long-lasting solution. I don't see anything wrong here. I'm sorry this makes you felt embarrassed but my words are facts, and you know it well Jakko.

Head of Atreides Family
Boss Shella Atredies Shay
Owner of Arcade - Ex-HoD of Recruiter - Recruiter of Roaches
Atreides

Character: Shella Atreides Shay

Postby RISE » 08 Jul 2018, 08:34

+1 for this. although the problem is with a 'certain' faction not with the feature. a recent incident. I was standing on a point after the mission, it was ENF point, near Bank. Ular came, and start shooting at me claiming it's his land. I realize he just finds my location by his alt in enf.
Reaper Pilot

hardwork? 0 parts stock to 70k in a week. 200 runs!
Former IC: Leon Resident - j/sgt - licensed mech - thug pilot - initiate pilot ~~ Leon s kenedy Evolution 1998-2017 https://bit.ly/2LV1N62
RISE
=

Character: Nova Rise

Postby Jacob Wolf » 08 Jul 2018, 23:35

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus - Let justice be done, though the world perish.
Jacob Wolf
5RP
=

Character: Jacob Wolf Orca

Return to Ideas and Suggestions