increase %age when standing at point

Place for ideas that you want to see implemented.

increase %age when standing at point

Postby RISE » 07 Jul 2018, 01:22

raising influence may not only be strict to providing items to villagers, we can talk with them (stand for while) and raise influence . cause its tough to get items, increase %age we need to sell tons of items, and more on that, inventory never favor lol. what I need to do is sell to one village, it wont be 100% so go to another two or three sale there and come back to make it 100%. sometimes it works sometime it dont accept my inventory sometimes left no inventory .

player base is very low compare to number of points and falling rate of %age.. if this idea is hard to implement then how about increase the rate of %age by selling items. so we can achieve lil better by selling less items.

Reaper Pilot

hardwork? 0 parts stock to 70k in a week. 200 runs!
Former IC: Leon Resident - j/sgt - licensed mech - thug pilot - initiate pilot ~~ Leon s kenedy Evolution 1998-2017 https://bit.ly/2LV1N62
RISE
=

Character: Nova Rise

Re: increase %age when standing at point

Postby Logywoo2 » 07 Jul 2018, 06:22

RISE wrote:raising influence may not only be strict to providing items to villagers, we can talk with them (stand for while) and raise influence . cause its tough to get items, increase %age we need to sell tons of items, and more on that, inventory never favor lol. what I need to do is sell to one village, it wont be 100% so go to another two or three sale there and come back to make it 100%. sometimes it works sometime it dont accept my inventory sometimes left no inventory .

player base is very low compare to number of points and falling rate of %age.. if this idea is hard to implement then how about increase the rate of %age by selling items. so we can achieve lil better by selling less items.

This wouldn't work because you could literally just afk at a point for an hour while you watch a video and then move onto the next point and there is no rule against AFKing anymore. Simply wouldn't work
Logywoo2
IV

Character: Logan Oneill

Postby RISE » 07 Jul 2018, 14:02

Logywoo2 wrote:
RISE wrote:raising influence may not only be strict to providing items to villagers, we can talk with them (stand for while) and raise influence . cause its tough to get items, increase %age we need to sell tons of items, and more on that, inventory never favor lol. what I need to do is sell to one village, it wont be 100% so go to another two or three sale there and come back to make it 100%. sometimes it works sometime it dont accept my inventory sometimes left no inventory .

This wouldn't work because you could literally just afk at a point for an hour while you watch a video and then move onto the next point and there is no rule against AFKing anymore. Simply wouldn't work

Actually, what I think. AFKing wont pay you, So even you can stay on for one hour and you get 'just one' point from say 10-20 to 100% . it is good. you can't just do all points in day with this rate so say AFK 3-4 hours and you get 3-4 points updated whats problem? it worth.

remember AFKing itself is an effort, everyone can't do for tons of reasons, you need spare pc lol

Reaper Pilot

Former IC: Leon Resident - j/sgt - licensed mech - thug pilot - initiate pilot ~~ Leon s kenedy Evolution 1998-2017 https://bit.ly/2LV1N62
RISE
=

Postby Robin Pike » 07 Jul 2018, 14:47

I usually have no problems with RI. It's very rare when a point doesn't want at least 1 of your itens, and 1 item is all that it takes to make it 100%. Just standing on the point to increase %, would just kill the purpose and work of normal RI.
"For the monsters do not depart, whether the gods go or come." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Robin Pike
IV

Character: Robin Pike

Postby BruceMiller » 07 Jul 2018, 15:55

Robin Pike wrote: It's very rare when a point doesn't want at least 1 of your itens, and 1 item is all that it takes to make it 100%.

Seriously? It only takes 1 item? This is straight out of a fairytale.
I have done RI on multiple points and brought them to 100% only to find the next day that they have decayed quite a bit and I have almost run out of items.
On many occasions I have also been unable to RI some points even some below 60% coz they don't want my items.

It is my understanding that there are 3 issues here
1) % increase from selling is quite low
2) Decay rate is high
3) Villagers don't want items on many occasions

Just standing there could be part of a solution because people are mostly just uselessly grappling around HQ waiting for mission.
However, I am not a big fan of this as it will just increase the already prevelant behaviour of zoning out while online (afk) which is also, might I remind you all, already being done in offline caps.

A simple fix could be to
1- Decrease the decay rate
2- Up the %increase from selling

The playerbase isn't big enough to buy and sell hundreds of items on a weekly basis and to do so consistently.
The Playerbase should not be an excuse for everything but we must acknowledge the current scenario and make changes accordingly

Iirc this was suggested before as well but for some reason was not implemented or was it? I am not sure.
Former Shaman- Sniper, Mechanic
Hanging around at mission with your pals and I am the only Ular online? Hold out marshmallows and let my G9 cook them for you :)
BruceMiller
II

Character: Bruce Miller

Postby Robin Pike » 07 Jul 2018, 16:17

I do RI everyday to maintain our land at 100%. If you don't let it decay too much, all it takes is 1 item to put it back at 100%. The problem is that you are letting your points decay to much and then doing RI becomes trouble. If you RI more often, you don't need to make it so intense.

So it only takes 1 item if you take care of it. I only have to RI most of our points once a week and it's a 1 item deal. Lvl 6 points decay from 100% to 95% once a week, so it's already a very slow decay.
Robin Pike
IV

Postby RISE » 07 Jul 2018, 19:27

Robin Pike wrote:I do RI everyday to maintain our land at 100%. If you don't let it decay too much, all it takes is 1 item to put it back at 100%. The problem is that you are letting your points decay to much and then doing RI becomes trouble. If you RI more often, you don't need to make it so intense.

So it only takes 1 item if you take care of it. I only have to RI most of our points once a week and it's a 1 item deal. Lvl 6 points decay from 100% to 95% once a week, so it's already a very slow decay.

Maybe its different scenario for other factions? You only have lots of points now, in past 2 months or 3-4 I wasn't here before you had less number of points was easy to manage, (as you said Level 6 points don't drop much), You might always have an active player base or at least someone to do RI.

Most of my points aren't even Level 6. If we see Ular and Enfs we have a number of points, its hard to RI every point once a week. even I am doing it, but I can't catch it up. and yeah, What Bruce said is right, We can't make any single point 100% with one item, it requires hells of items even costly one, not just 600 or 1200 but I am talking about 12k value item, it takes 5-7 12k value items for me to increase 40 to 100. and you really are lucky if you can sell 5-7 items to a point in one visit.

You call it RI when you increase a point from 85-90 to 100 and we call it successful RI when we get one point from 10/20/30 to 60-80... that's the difference, and within a week it goes back around that situation again...

May it's our fault for NOT doing RI for a year, for both ENF and Ulars, and this is the only reason I can see almost doubled Reapers point on the map. but now the situation is, we can't achieve that stage (Level 6 of all or most of the points) to consider RI is very easy, like for you. So we need a favor from system mechanism to do so, or maybe it will not happens and may you can have more points because we can't manage to do RI at this situation.

Reaper Pilot

RISE
=

Postby RISE » 07 Jul 2018, 19:28

BruceMiller wrote:A simple fix could be to
1- Decrease the decay rate
2- Up the %increase from selling

Yeah, this is what I also propose on my main post, it will work too.

Reaper Pilot

RISE
=

Postby Robin Pike » 07 Jul 2018, 22:07

Leon, most of your points are lvl 6.
I think ulars must have some lvl 2 points, those enclaves towards enf land (maybe 5 points). Enforcers must have at max, maybe 2 lvl 2 points (those 2 villages in the middle of the mountains i think). We have 17 lvl 2 points...

All you need to do is RI the lvl 6 points once a week, lvl 5/4 once every 2 days, level 2 once a day.
Your problem is getting all your points to 100% from the stage of decay that they are already in. Once you have every point at 100%, maintaining them it's not hard.

We've been in situations where we didn't have the player base to do Runs/Ri before, and we had to deal with it. All you have to do is take one day off missions, caps and etc, dedicate the entire day to getting your land to 100% and then it's just maintaining it.

In my opinion, reducing the RI rates would simply make it more easy to be a inactive faction, or a faction with players that don't like to RI. Activity should be the norm, not inactivity.
Robin Pike
IV

Postby Logywoo2 » 07 Jul 2018, 22:09

Robin Pike wrote:Leon, most of your points are lvl 6.
I think ulars must have some lvl 2 points, those enclaves towards enf land (maybe 5 points). Enforcers must have at max, maybe 2 lvl 2 points (those 2 villages in the middle of the mountains i think). We have 17 lvl 2 points...

All you need to do is RI the lvl 6 points once a week, lvl 5/4 once every 2 days, level 2 once a day.
Your problem is getting all your points to 100% from the stage of decay that they are already in. Once you have every point at 100%, maintaining them it's not hard.

We've been in situations where we didn't have the player base to do Runs/Ri before, and we had to deal with it. All you have to do is take one day off missions, caps and etc, dedicate the entire day to getting your land to 100% and then it's just maintaining it.

In my opinion, reducing the RI rates would simply make it more easy to be a inactive faction, or a faction with players that don't like to RI. Activity should be the norm, not inactivity.

I agree with Robin here. All we need as enfs is just to RI everwhere within a short period of time and then it's easy to just maintain the RI from there. The only problem is not having enough people to maintain the land as it is since the influences are ranging from under 10% to over 80% due to neutrals being recapped and put back to 100% influence. Just spend some time doing some RI every day for a bit and everything should work itself out.
Logywoo2
IV

Postby RISE » 08 Jul 2018, 00:00

So, what I understand,

If, I make all points to 100% or 90%+ on a day. falling rate of %age will reduce?

Reaper Pilot

RISE
=

Postby Logywoo2 » 08 Jul 2018, 00:26

RISE wrote:So, what I understand,

If, I make all points to 100% or 90%+ on a day. falling rate of %age will reduce?

No, the points just won't go neutral as quickly and you won't need to spend ages maintaining the land that is owned by your faction.
Logywoo2
IV

Postby steliosskaf983 » 08 Jul 2018, 07:27

As Robin mentioned previously, you don't really need such a feature as RI pretty much works perfectly. Simply standing on point will make RI far less attractive (instead of going into the procedure of purchasing items from shops and then walking around to sell). Also you should consider if people start doing that, what is the purpose of havig items for RI when u can do it for free?, huge -1 no doubt
"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction"-John F. Kennedy-

steliosskaf983
IV

Character: Osvaldo Bowman

Return to Ideas and Suggestions