Give Quappaw the ability to carry more than 6 crates.

Place for ideas that you want to see implemented.

Give Quappaw the ability to carry more than 6 crates.

Postby ACuteKittenP » 30 Dec 2018, 15:24

Posting on Anne's behalf
Anne Westcliff Cooper Said:
My suggestion is to upgrade the cargo ability of the Quappaw in game, because in my opinion it is unrealistic and pretty uncomfortable if a cargo helicopter can only carry 6 crates.
Since a Macini Cavallo can carry 8 crates and a Dalton 10, I’d suggest to upgrade Quappaw because otherwise it is completely unrealistic that a sportscar is able to carry more than a big cargo helicopter. I would suggest 12 crates for Quappaw or at least, as it was like one year ago, as much as Dalton has – means 10 crates.
I also don’t know wheter this is impacting the roleplay directly, but as far as I think it brings only good aspects.

ACuteKittenP
35RP
=

Character: Glynn Ogofgoch Casteris

Re: Give Quappaw the ability to carry more than 6 crates.

Postby Pie Eater » 30 Dec 2018, 16:20

I do agree that quapaws and helicopters in general carry little crates regarding their size, however you should be carefull into making these carry more crates. Doing air runs is very dull in my personal opinion, motivates going AFK, and leaves little to RP. Whilst ground runs are less dull, engage you to actively play the game and pay attention, and gives more opportunities to RP with the possible people you come across along the way.

Air runs should not become a more viable way to do runs, as this would ruin other aspects of the game. I'd say that the current balance in crates is good to reach this state.
Pie Eater
IV

Character: Luldo Jonatiz

Postby Jason Valkyrie » 30 Dec 2018, 17:15

yes please more crates to quapaw, atleast it gives an incentive to use them in runs, maybe increase it by 2 or 4 crates, no more than that

#MRGA
Jason Valkyrie

Character: Jason Lee Valkyrie

Postby Sara Dayne » 30 Dec 2018, 22:22

yes, edit 2 or 4 crates to quaps run. Gladly like to see that
Sara Dayne
II

Character: Caroline Farell

Postby Blackshad0w » 30 Dec 2018, 22:57

I agree, i think the crate capacity for quaps should be 10 crates.
Syndra Hart
Self Proclaimed Grand Admiral of Winstons
Blackshad0w
V

Character: Syndra Hart

Postby Drew Mendoza » 31 Dec 2018, 02:28

Pie Eater wrote:Doing air runs is very dull in my personal opinion, motivates going AFK, and leaves little to RP. Whilst ground runs are less dull, engage you to actively play the game and pay attention, and gives more opportunities to RP with the possible people you come across along the way.

Luldo have a point there and I totally agree with this, I can remember some good RP stuff which I did with my friends or others players while doing runs and they were so good, I did enjoy them so much but there is a problem about this, those RPs were made at least a year ago. I never did any RP in a year while on a run because there is usually no one to RP. I did about 10 runs yesterday via both Feng and Quaps and there was almost no difference other than Quap ones were more chill and let me do other stuff.

In my opinion, 10 crates for Quaps is okay, +1 from me.

Former: Officer Dealer - Overseer Recon (HoD) - Sergeant Defender (HoD)

Callsign:ZODIAC
Drew Mendoza
=

Character: Drew Mendoza

Postby Jacob Wolf » 31 Dec 2018, 04:09

When I was a Wayfarer, as I was for quite awhile, I only did Quap runs, so I'm probably abit biased towards them because of their convenience relative to ground vehicles. That said, being fairly slow cargo helicopters, they should still be a viable choice for doing runs. I think giving Quaps 8 crates would balance them so that they're viable, but still slightly less effective than a feng or something similar so that ground vehicles don't become uselessly inefficient for doing runs as they were before.
If Quaps are made to have 10 or more crates, then the feng should be able to be dropped from Talon like the Quap can so that Fengs remain relevant as I mentioned before.

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus - Let justice be done, though the world perish.
Jacob Wolf
5RP
=

Character: Jacob Wolf Orca

Postby krpajda » 31 Dec 2018, 07:21

Choppers and boats both deserve a bit of a buff. It's not like regular runs require lots of attention, or get interrupted all that often. I guess you can afk chopper runs if you are sure you wont accidentally fly 3 times as far as you need to, but with enough monitors or a phone in your lap you arent paying attention anyway.
tech-thug-general-mechanic-president-officer-tech-firefighter-private-politician-courier-secretary-sergeant

Cube the sphere
Wipe off the dust from your eyes
Burn your lies
krpajda
=

Character: Elisabeth Murosson

Postby Patepostimies » 31 Dec 2018, 12:46

Interacting with people on the road is a choice though. I for one have not once stopped for anyone since the reintroduction of runs to all people.

And also let's be real here: Doing runs is a chore for many. If anything, this suggestion would allow people to continue to focus on the best features of this server instead.

~ It used to be about trying to create something. Now it's about trying to shoot someone.

My lore
Patepostimies
115RP
=

Character: Walter Pate Postimies

Postby Jason Valkyrie » 31 Dec 2018, 12:52

krpajda wrote:Choppers and boats both deserve a bit of a buff. It's not like regular runs require lots of attention, or get interrupted all that often. I guess you can afk chopper runs if you are sure you wont accidentally fly 3 times as far as you need to, but with enough monitors or a phone in your lap you arent paying attention anyway.

tbh id love to see the reintroduction of trat/ferry runs, the fact that theire so slowly doable and also very VERY easily killable(the routes are generally the same), means theire fairly high risk/reward, plus also slow as shit, id love to see them back

#MRGA
Jason Valkyrie

Character: Jason Lee Valkyrie

Postby ACuteKittenP » 09 Jan 2019, 19:17

Patepostimies wrote:Interacting with people on the road is a choice though. I for one have not once stopped for anyone since the reintroduction of runs to all people.

And also let's be real here: Doing runs is a chore for many. If anything, this suggestion would allow people to continue to focus on the best features of this server instead.

need't more be said for me, also allows factions with smaller numbers to maintain their resources to a level rivaled to enemy factions.

(also bumping this suggestion for Anne who is forum muted)

ACuteKittenP
35RP
=

Character: Glynn Ogofgoch Casteris

Postby Jeffrey Baker » 09 Jan 2019, 19:26

I agree that they should carry more, they used to carry 10, then were dropped to 6 and then 4, and now back to 6 again when everything got bumped up in crates. I think a mullen also carries 6 and goes faster than a quap which pretty much makes them useless. The only difference between quaps and other helis were that they were unaffected by the anomaly which isnt even a thing anymore. I think it should have 10+ crate capacity, since there are vehicles a with a lot less space that can carry more. +1.

6x Shaman 1x Overseer

Shaman Hawk - Guerilla Pilot - Overseer Pilot I - Sergeant Pilot
Jeffrey Baker
5RP
V

Return to Ideas and Suggestions