Changing bank robberies back to its original state.

Moved to https://discord.me/rls #suggestions

Changing bank robberies back to its original state.

Postby FredrikJazz » 14 Jan 2019, 02:02

I was thinking today as I saw a bank robbery "attempt" take place that it was more like an alternative DZ for the enforcers. They have no other choice but to treat it as a proper combat zone, because of the possible losses if the robbery is successful.

I would like to suggest that the bank robbery gets returned to its original state, where you could RP with a lot of members from many different factions. Of course any other type of change that would promote the RP in the bank would be welcome, but I can't currently think of one.

Thank you for reading this. I would appreciate any possible feedback + suggestions on this!

"Reborn"
FredrikJazz
=

Character: Raul Long

Re: Changing bank robberies back to its original state.

Postby Therobotkiller » 14 Jan 2019, 10:43

+1
I agree. Personally, I`m not really there when there is robbery, but the times I´ve been there, it´s just a battle zone. RP would be great!
Therobotkiller
I

Character: Jon Riise

Postby Tuna » 14 Jan 2019, 14:28

Big +1.

Bank RP used to be great fun, but it was always ruined when someone started shooting and it became a free-for-all.
I suggest we decrease the timer between robberies too, because I was shocked to see a cooldown of 146 hours when I tried to start a heist.
needs no introduction
Tuna
V

Character: Tuna Swift

Postby NeoSacratif » 14 Jan 2019, 14:44

Simple solution is to remove dependancy of panau bank from government. Give RP setup of bank privatisation, and dont put these millions on risk - the huge loss of money after each robbery is the main reason why enforcers will defend bank with all they can

Am all for any change to bank, this is supposed to be RP zone, not another DZ

+1

Previous:
Alexey Ivanov - Commander Commissar of Reapers
Lex Constantine Asimov - Prospect of Roaches, Initiate of Reapers, Officer of Enforcers
NeoSacratif
5RP
IV

Character: Victoria Alexeeva

Postby ZamericaZ » 15 Jan 2019, 03:39

Personally I hated that it was only 100k-200k reward, I didn't think there was much incentive to rob it or RP there.
I do however feel the current reward is far too great, maybe something more in the 500k-1 mill neighborhood? so people are inclined to still RP and the loses aren't very significant

just my opinion on the matter

When You Mess With The Gannon, You Get The Cannon
Most likely to overthrow the Ular Boys
Yeah I meme, so what :D
FRC Drive Coach
ZamericaZ
=

Character: Eric Gannon

Postby Logywoo2 » 15 Jan 2019, 10:51

ZamericaZ wrote:Personally I hated that it was only 100k-200k reward, I didn't think there was much incentive to rob it or RP there.
I do however feel the current reward is far too great, maybe something more in the 500k-1 mill neighborhood? so people are inclined to still RP and the loses aren't very significant

Agree completely here. Currently it's like a 15mil reward split between those who succeed in robbing the bank and that 15mil lost screws with Enfs salary and makes government lose a lot of money. At the minute if you let even one guy slip away then 15mil is lost no matter what. If the loss didn't affect enfs the way it does right now and was reduced to say 1mil max then you don't have to treat it like a DZ anymore. If you let one guy slip then alright you've lost 1mil but the passive regen can fix that with the immunity time that the bank has but 15mil is just a stupidly high reward.
Logywoo2
IV

Character: Logan Oneill

Postby Patepostimies » 15 Jan 2019, 14:19

Logywoo2 wrote:
ZamericaZ wrote:Personally I hated that it was only 100k-200k reward, I didn't think there was much incentive to rob it or RP there.

Agree completely here. Currently it's like a 15mil reward split between those who succeed in robbing the bank and that 15mil lost screws with Enfs salary and makes government lose a lot of money. At the minute if you let even one guy slip away then 15mil is lost no matter what. If the loss didn't affect enfs the way it does right now and was reduced to say 1mil max then you don't have to treat it like a DZ anymore. If you let one guy slip then alright you've lost 1mil but the passive regen can fix that with the immunity time that the bank has but 15mil is just a stupidly high reward.

Just to clarify here for everyone, it's around 7 million per case and 2 cases can be stolen. The few successful attempts so far have resulted in 13-15 million dollar losses. It's still an absurd amount of money and the only faction balance to players transfer of this magnitude.

~ It used to be about trying to create something. Now it's about trying to shoot someone.

My lore
Patepostimies
125RP
=

Character: Walter Pate Postimies

Postby Josh Stinger » 16 Jan 2019, 03:04

+1
I personally enjoyed bank RP sometimes, and it would be nice to have that back.
Insert quote here
Josh Stinger
II

Character: Josh Valhalla Stinger

Postby Noxxider » 16 Jan 2019, 03:41

Please put bank robberies back. The 7 mil incentive is really nice.

Guerilla Hunter I - Ghost Hunter II - Loyal Pilot I - Loyal Saudagar II - Officer Ranger Enforcer Ranger HoD
Noxxider
=

Character: Jack Frags

Postby Sakura Miyawaki » 16 Jan 2019, 07:31

+1 I absolutely agree with this idea. Even though the rewards are high, there are very low chance to RP it with the allowance of AS/GS in the bank area which is supposed to be 'RP' area. I wouldn't mind much lesser reward but more RP friendly situation.

Sakura Miyawaki
Sakura Miyawaki

Character: Sakura Miyawaki

Postby fyrix » 16 Jan 2019, 18:05

It’d be nice to see Enforcers cooperate with some decent RP that we used to have. Might be nice to see a revival of the PNB management etc

x2 Hitman // x1 Chief // x1 Major // x1 Avenger // x1 Ghost
The Man, the Myth, the Legend.
fyrix
5RP
=

Character: Dante Knox

Postby krpajda » 16 Jan 2019, 18:07

fyrix wrote:It’d be nice to see Enforcers cooperate with some decent RP that we used to have. Might be nice to see a revival of the PNB management etc

Nice in theory but when every single bank robbery is, "I have been called by [authority figure] to fix the vault by drilling into the door then leaving", it gets kinda boring
tech-thug-general-mechanic-president-officer-tech-firefighter-private-politician-courier-secretary-sergeant-loyal-major-

Cube the sphere
Wipe off the dust from your eyes
Burn your lies
krpajda
=

Character: Elisabeth Murosson

Postby fyrix » 16 Jan 2019, 20:02

krpajda wrote:
fyrix wrote:It’d be nice to see Enforcers cooperate with some decent RP that we used to have. Might be nice to see a revival of the PNB management etc

Nice in theory but when every single bank robbery is, "I have been called by [authority figure] to fix the vault by drilling into the door then leaving", it gets kinda boring

You didn’t attend many robberies then.

fyrix
5RP
=

Postby krpajda » 16 Jan 2019, 21:40

When was the last robbery you attended, 400BC? All the recent ones were like that, before they become a straight up DZ
tech-thug-general-mechanic-president-officer-tech-firefighter-private-politician-courier-secretary-sergeant-loyal-major-

Cube the sphere
Wipe off the dust from your eyes
Burn your lies
krpajda
=

Character: Elisabeth Murosson

Postby Drew Mendoza » 16 Jan 2019, 22:52

I am sorry but I have to disagree with this idea because, as a player who attends almost all of the robberies for like 2 years, I literally have not seen any proper excuses, so many people are lazy to come up with something original.

Also even if the reward wasn't that much there cannot be any excuse that will make the police let people get away with cases if the panic button have been pressed civilians get evacuated and any suspects that resist will be arrested or shot down because as everyone can notice the panic button has been pressed. I can understand bank was supposed to be RP event and designed that way but that cannot work anymore. Further improvements can be made to the current system but I completely refuse to reverting back to the old system.

Former: Officer Dealer - Overseer Recon (HoD) - Sergeant Defender (HoD)

Callsign:ZODIAC
Drew Mendoza
IV

Character: Drew Mendoza

Postby fyrix » 17 Jan 2019, 18:20

krpajda wrote:When was the last robbery you attended, 400BC? All the recent ones were like that, before they become a straight up DZ

Yeah cause that was really funny.

I’ve attended many bank robberies. Yeah, a common scenario was fixing the vault door but I’ve experienced loads of different scenarios which were fun and creative. It all depends on who you attended with.

If all of the robberies you attending was a vault door fixing scenario, you clearly aren’t that creatively inclined. Don’t worry, maybe you just need help if it’s too difficult for you to think about - I’d be happy to help if you’re struggling to think!

fyrix
5RP
=

Postby Logywoo2 » 17 Jan 2019, 19:27

krpajda wrote:When was the last robbery you attended, 400BC? All the recent ones were like that, before they become a straight up DZ

That's because people ran out of ideas and the server wasn't very active so people didn't care enough to have a creative idea for an excuse to rob the bank. Dante is right, there have been many different scenarios in the past and i'd like to see them happen again rather than just rocking up with a Topa and tanks.
Logywoo2
IV

Character: Logan Oneill

Postby NeoSacratif » 17 Jan 2019, 19:31

People are complaining about bank RP being just vault fixing - well, right now bank is Just combat zone - perhaps it is achievement for some faction wars server, but RLS is still ROLEPLAY server. With bank turned into fight pit, a vast part of RLS RP identity was destroyed, as there is no more verbal competition - Just lazy shooting for those who sees RLS as another session-like action game.
I hope i am not the only one who thinks that if roleplay server is missing actual roleplay, then it is a disaster and complete failure of server's main purpose.

Previous:
Alexey Ivanov - Commander Commissar of Reapers
Lex Constantine Asimov - Prospect of Roaches, Initiate of Reapers, Officer of Enforcers
NeoSacratif
5RP
IV

Character: Victoria Alexeeva

Postby Patepostimies » 17 Jan 2019, 20:18

The closing of Government, these bank changes, hell all changes in the past year are nothing but strong indicators that the focus has been shifted away from roleplay, even if it was medium at best originally. I think it's time people opened their eyes and looked closely what this server is and isn't anymore. I certainly don't play for roleplaying.

The previous bank was a sorry excuse of a roleplay scenario. 80% of the attempts right before the update were late night afk robberies with no Enforcers online for a quick 100k cash. Very few if any Enforcers would turn up because most of the time there was no incentive to do so what so ever. Honestly I can't even say which system is better because people still try to treat bank like it used to be so this system is yet to even see it's fullest potential.

~ It used to be about trying to create something. Now it's about trying to shoot someone.

My lore
Patepostimies
125RP
=

Character: Walter Pate Postimies

Postby ACuteKittenP » 17 Jan 2019, 22:53

Above all else RLS is a FACTION WARS RP server and not just a normal RP server.

I kinda enjoy a combat driven bank, but I still think the loses are too high to warrant any form of RP to be accept.

Not really sure what to do with it really just wanted to make the above clarification

ACuteKittenP
35RP
=

Character: Glynn Ogofgoch Casteris

Next

Return to Ideas and Suggestions