G9 Nerfs

Moved to https://discord.me/rls #suggestions

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Pie Eater » 01 Mar 2019, 22:10

krpajda wrote:With a leo, unless you are the only one on point, you can have someone scout the rl user and you can kill them in one bombing run. With a g9 even if you tried that you will never hit the man until RNG decides its time. Which can be three or four or ten bombing runs later


You're vastly underestimating the damage it does and how unable one is to aim. You're just blowing stuff up to support your point
User avatar
Pie Eater
IV
 
Posts: 346
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:44
Character: Luldo Jonatiz

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Logywoo2 » 01 Mar 2019, 22:33

Pie Eater wrote:
krpajda wrote:With a leo, unless you are the only one on point, you can have someone scout the rl user and you can kill them in one bombing run. With a g9 even if you tried that you will never hit the man until RNG decides its time. Which can be three or four or ten bombing runs later


You're vastly underestimating the damage it does and how unable one is to aim. You're just blowing stuff up to support your point


You clearly don't understand how AS works then Pieter as all you have to do in every single piece of AS is slap the crosshair on the vehicle you want to shoot and then you click your mouse. That's all you have to do so it's not hard to aim.
Logywoo2
IV
 
Posts: 406
Joined: 20 Mar 2015, 22:24
Location: England, UK
Character: Logan Oneill

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Pie Eater » 01 Mar 2019, 22:59

Logywoo2 wrote:
Pie Eater wrote:
krpajda wrote:With a leo, unless you are the only one on point, you can have someone scout the rl user and you can kill them in one bombing run. With a g9 even if you tried that you will never hit the man until RNG decides its time. Which can be three or four or ten bombing runs later


You're vastly underestimating the damage it does and how unable one is to aim. You're just blowing stuff up to support your point


You clearly don't understand how AS works then Pieter as all you have to do in every single piece of AS is slap the crosshair on the vehicle you want to shoot and then you click your mouse. That's all you have to do so it's not hard to aim.


I appreciate you wanting to correct me but I was referring to the "RNG" on the G9 krpajda was talking about
User avatar
Pie Eater
IV
 
Posts: 346
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:44
Character: Luldo Jonatiz

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby krpajda » 01 Mar 2019, 23:58

Yes because the g9 does the stupid crossed beams thing where you will hit infantry everywhere else except for where you are aiming. Your rockets are too far apart to deal any significant damage in the middle, and the cannons will land waaay far to the side until you get incredibly close and then you need to pull up anyway. When a g9 is bombing and i want to shoot back i try to grapple directly into the middle right in front of him and then just shoot the nose because thats literally the safest spot you can be in that situation.
tech-thug-general-mechanic-president-officer-tech-firefighter-private-politician-courier-secretary-sergeant-loyal-major-

Cube the sphere
Wipe off the dust from your eyes
Burn your lies
User avatar
krpajda
=
 
Posts: 3143
Joined: 08 Feb 2014, 19:34
Location: Slovakia
Character: Elisabeth Murosson

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Jessrabbit » 03 Mar 2019, 05:31



theorizing about how lackluster G9s are at x, y and z doesn't change the reality that they are brought to nearly all missions, and that without a G9 of your own you have close to a nil chance of destroying them, it's just very frustrating to play against.

i think some pilots are being a bit disingenuous about how long it takes for G9s to go down, and most of the arguments for why they shouldn't be changed are just variations of "use your own G9" and "get good", neither of which are very convincing imo.
User avatar
Jessrabbit
=
 
Posts: 467
Joined: 01 Jul 2014, 20:53
Character: Jess Rabbit

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby ACuteKittenP » 03 Mar 2019, 14:04

Jessrabbit wrote:

theorizing about how lackluster G9s are at x, y and z doesn't change the reality that they are brought to nearly all missions, and that without a G9 of your own you have close to a nil chance of destroying them, it's just very frustrating to play against.

i think some pilots are being a bit disingenuous about how long it takes for G9s to go down, and most of the arguments for why they shouldn't be changed are just variations of "use your own G9" and "get good", neither of which are very convincing imo.


Perhaps its just me but I dont personally think thats a very long time at all, the span of what like 2 minutes to kill it? not that terrible imho.


User avatar
ACuteKittenP
35RP
=
 
Posts: 310
Joined: 23 Aug 2014, 18:10
Location: Wales, United Kingdom.
Character: Glynn Ogofgoch Casteris

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby NeoSacratif » 03 Mar 2019, 14:36

I can not add anything what already was said by other people (who support G9 nerf), and I dont have a lot of piloting experience, but I do think G9s are being overused due to their superb armor and decent bombing/aircombat capabilities. Perfect balance has "rock-paper-scissors" scheme, where Homing Missiles (of all types) > Leo > G9 > Homing. Current system makes G9 dominating everything.

What I could suggest is to limit G9's maneuverability, like place horizontal EMP effect on it, making it still capable of bombing runs, but reducing its ability to fight against lighter fixed-wing. But this suggestion might have lots of cons.

Overall, I am +1 for nerfs of G9

Previous:
Alexey Ivanov - Commander Commissar of Reapers
Lex Constantine Asimov - Prospect of Roaches, Initiate of Reapers, Officer of Enforcers
User avatar
NeoSacratif
5RP
IV
 
Posts: 347
Joined: 19 Feb 2014, 23:21
Character: Victoria Alexeeva

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Logywoo2 » 03 Mar 2019, 15:29

NeoSacratif wrote:I can not add anything what already was said by other people (who support G9 nerf), and I dont have a lot of piloting experience, but I do think G9s are being overused due to their superb armor and decent bombing/aircombat capabilities.

Have you maybe considered the fact that G9s are cheaper for people to buy and so that's why they are used so much? If a certain AS is cheaper then of course they are going to use it a lot as they can replace it quite easily. Their air combat capabilities are far from superb considering they have such a big turn circle radius which stops them from having a dogfight against anything other than a G9 which then takes forever to finish because of the autocannons damage output.

NeoSacratif wrote: Current system makes G9 dominating everything.

I guess you are very correct in saying you don't have a lot of piloting experience because if you did then you would know that this is very incorrect.

NeoSacratif wrote:What I could suggest is to limit G9's maneuverability, like place horizontal EMP effect on it, making it still capable of bombing runs, but reducing its ability to fight against lighter fixed-wing.

It's reduced agility already stops it from dogfighting any light fixed wing as the only light fixed wing is a leopard which will dominate it in a dogfight if you start trying to turn circle with a G9. The only thing it can dogfight it another G9 which takes a very long time due to autocannon output being so low.
Logywoo2
IV
 
Posts: 406
Joined: 20 Mar 2015, 22:24
Location: England, UK
Character: Logan Oneill

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Fero Londo » 03 Mar 2019, 16:41

Lets be real here, even if G9s were the most expensive vehicle by far they would be used a millions times more than anything else. Sure a leo is nice, but when a g9 can take it out in 1 second from across the map they suck, you can maybe dodge 1 g9 but try dodging 2. For the past week G9s have been so overused because the only counter is another g9. This really hurts the fun of newbies since they can not do anything and are just constantly dying. Im sure the G9 pilots are havong lots of fun but you should consider the fun of others as well.
Characters:
Andre Ferzi.
Fero Londo

Picture made by Dexter Moser
Picture 2 Another amazing picture by Dexter Moser!
And whoever is offended by this can go fuck themselves.
User avatar
Fero Londo
V
 
Posts: 655
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 14:56
Location: No longer somewhere in panau.
Character: Fero Londo

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Logywoo2 » 03 Mar 2019, 17:36

Fero Londo wrote:Lets be real here, even if G9s were the most expensive vehicle by far they would be used a millions times more than anything else. Sure a leo is nice, but when a g9 can take it out in 1 second from across the map they suck, you can maybe dodge 1 g9 but try dodging 2. For the past week G9s have been so overused because the only counter is another g9. This really hurts the fun of newbies since they can not do anything and are just constantly dying. Im sure the G9 pilots are havong lots of fun but you should consider the fun of others as well.


I'm not sure you understand how a leopard fully works then if you're saying it's hard to dodge G9s. It's insanely easy due to its agility and if G9s were more expensive, no they would not be used more than a leopard as people would be careful with it due to its value. A G9 cannot take out a leo in 1 second from across the map because the damage output scales with the distance from the enemy. The other counter is not just another G9. It's not even hard to use a leopard to counter it as all you have to do is dive to get the same speed and just constantly fire on the G9 and then you've got an easy win. Newbies are not affected by AS in the same way either as they take longer to kill with AS than anyone else does and so that's why there's nothing wrong with G9s. Their cannon and rocket spread is so far it's so hard to hit regular players, nevermind newbies.
Logywoo2
IV
 
Posts: 406
Joined: 20 Mar 2015, 22:24
Location: England, UK
Character: Logan Oneill

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Fero Londo » 03 Mar 2019, 18:01

Logywoo2 wrote:
Fero Londo wrote:Lets be real here, even if G9s were the most expensive vehicle by far they would be used a millions times more than anything else. Sure a leo is nice, but when a g9 can take it out in 1 second from across the map they suck, you can maybe dodge 1 g9 but try dodging 2. For the past week G9s have been so overused because the only counter is another g9. This really hurts the fun of newbies since they can not do anything and are just constantly dying. Im sure the G9 pilots are havong lots of fun but you should consider the fun of others as well.


I'm not sure you understand how a leopard fully works then if you're saying it's hard to dodge G9s. It's insanely easy due to its agility and if G9s were more expensive, no they would not be used more than a leopard as people would be careful with it due to its value. A G9 cannot take out a leo in 1 second from across the map because the damage output scales with the distance from the enemy. The other counter is not just another G9. It's not even hard to use a leopard to counter it as all you have to do is dive to get the same speed and just constantly fire on the G9 and then you've got an easy win. Newbies are not affected by AS in the same way either as they take longer to kill with AS than anyone else does and so that's why there's nothing wrong with G9s. Their cannon and rocket spread is so far it's so hard to hit regular players, nevermind newbies.


No that's dumb, 1 there is never a situation where there is just 1 g9. It's always several g9s or several g9s and leopards. Good luck defeating that with your leopard. 2. newbies die instantly to the g9 autocannon. 3. a g9 can take out a leo in 1 second from across the map even with damage scaling. 4. good luck diving on an enemy g9 when the other g9 comes behind you. So yes there is something wrong with the g9.
Characters:
Andre Ferzi.
Fero Londo

Picture made by Dexter Moser
Picture 2 Another amazing picture by Dexter Moser!
And whoever is offended by this can go fuck themselves.
User avatar
Fero Londo
V
 
Posts: 655
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 14:56
Location: No longer somewhere in panau.
Character: Fero Londo

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Drew Mendoza » 03 Mar 2019, 18:31

Fero Londo wrote:
Logywoo2 wrote:
Fero Londo wrote:Lets be real here, even if G9s were the most expensive vehicle by far they would be used a millions times more than anything else. Sure a leo is nice, but when a g9 can take it out in 1 second from across the map they suck, you can maybe dodge 1 g9 but try dodging 2. For the past week G9s have been so overused because the only counter is another g9. This really hurts the fun of newbies since they can not do anything and are just constantly dying. Im sure the G9 pilots are havong lots of fun but you should consider the fun of others as well.


I'm not sure you understand how a leopard fully works then if you're saying it's hard to dodge G9s. It's insanely easy due to its agility and if G9s were more expensive, no they would not be used more than a leopard as people would be careful with it due to its value. A G9 cannot take out a leo in 1 second from across the map because the damage output scales with the distance from the enemy. The other counter is not just another G9. It's not even hard to use a leopard to counter it as all you have to do is dive to get the same speed and just constantly fire on the G9 and then you've got an easy win. Newbies are not affected by AS in the same way either as they take longer to kill with AS than anyone else does and so that's why there's nothing wrong with G9s. Their cannon and rocket spread is so far it's so hard to hit regular players, nevermind newbies.


No that's dumb, 1 there is never a situation where there is just 1 g9. It's always several g9s or several g9s and leopards. Good luck defeating that with your leopard. 2. newbies die instantly to the g9 autocannon. 3. a g9 can take out a leo in 1 second from across the map even with damage scaling. 4. good luck diving on an enemy g9 when the other g9 comes behind you. So yes there is something wrong with the g9.



I hope you are aware that your reply is about numbers of the pilots but not the G9s.

Former: Officer Dealer - Overseer Recon - Sergeant Defender - General Medic

Callsign:ZODIAC
User avatar
Drew Mendoza
IV
 
Posts: 107
Joined: 30 Oct 2016, 14:13
Location: İstanbul, Turkey
Character: Drew Mendoza

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Noxxider » 03 Mar 2019, 18:43

Fero Londo wrote:No that's dumb, 1 there is never a situation where there is just 1 g9. It's always several g9s or several g9s and leopards. Good luck defeating that with your leopard. n. 3. a g9 can take out a leo in 1 second from across the map even with damage scaling. 4. good luck diving on an enemy g9 when the other g9 comes behind you. So yes there is something wrong with the g9.


Yesterday during reaper CZ enforcers brought one G9, and our pilot James Suarez had to return to HQ after 5 mins because our G9 was smoking. Reapers didn't even have a G9 in the air at that point in time so the G9 can definitely be countered by other weapons.

For 3. I'm pretty sure damage scales to 0% after some 100m so I'm sure it can't take a leo from far away.

Fero Londo wrote:Sure a leo is nice, but when a g9 can take it out in 1 second from across the map they suck, you can maybe dodge 1 g9 but try dodging 2.


Isn't this the fundamental rule of combat? If you invest more resources such as VP in a war (2 AS vs 1 AS) you are going to have a better chance at winning. Are you suggesting that 1 Leo should be able to win against 2 G9s at the same time and not get hit by the 2 G9s at all?

Guerilla Hunter I - Ghost Hunter II - Loyal Pilot I - Loyal Saudagar II - Officer Ranger Enforcer Ranger HoD
User avatar
Noxxider
=
 
Posts: 815
Joined: 16 Feb 2014, 15:50
Location: Indonesia, Know the place?
Character: Jack Frags

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Logywoo2 » 03 Mar 2019, 18:55

Fero Londo wrote:
Logywoo2 wrote:
Fero Londo wrote:Lets be real here, even if G9s were the most expensive vehicle by far they would be used a millions times more than anything else. Sure a leo is nice, but when a g9 can take it out in 1 second from across the map they suck, you can maybe dodge 1 g9 but try dodging 2. For the past week G9s have been so overused because the only counter is another g9. This really hurts the fun of newbies since they can not do anything and are just constantly dying. Im sure the G9 pilots are havong lots of fun but you should consider the fun of others as well.


I'm not sure you understand how a leopard fully works then if you're saying it's hard to dodge G9s. It's insanely easy due to its agility and if G9s were more expensive, no they would not be used more than a leopard as people would be careful with it due to its value. A G9 cannot take out a leo in 1 second from across the map because the damage output scales with the distance from the enemy. The other counter is not just another G9. It's not even hard to use a leopard to counter it as all you have to do is dive to get the same speed and just constantly fire on the G9 and then you've got an easy win. Newbies are not affected by AS in the same way either as they take longer to kill with AS than anyone else does and so that's why there's nothing wrong with G9s. Their cannon and rocket spread is so far it's so hard to hit regular players, nevermind newbies.


No that's dumb, 1 there is never a situation where there is just 1 g9. It's always several g9s or several g9s and leopards. Good luck defeating that with your leopard. 2. newbies die instantly to the g9 autocannon. 3. a g9 can take out a leo in 1 second from across the map even with damage scaling. 4. good luck diving on an enemy g9 when the other g9 comes behind you. So yes there is something wrong with the g9.


Okay so what you're telling me is that it's an issue with the amount of G9 usage because people don't want to risk doing a 1v1 so they want to secure the win by doing a 2v1? That's literally all you're telling me here. Also give me several G9s to fight and give me a leopard and yeah i'll go shoot them down because it's not even that hard to do if you can time your drops correctly and anticipate their moves. You're still wrong about a G9 being able to take out a leopard in 1 second because clearly you've never tried it before if that's what you think so please learn how sync actually works before you make that statement. It's not hard to dive on an enemy G9 while there's another behind you because you can bait that G9 so easily. You're entire statement here is about being outnumbered which Keeri can never solve so don't bother bringing that up again.

Realistically what will happen if this thread is a success G9s get nerfed is that you're gonna start crying about leopard being too strong because nerfing G9 armor puts leopards right back in the driving seat and starts to dominate again and a leopard cannot be nerfed anymore than being removed which will not happen and I can guarantee you that.
Logywoo2
IV
 
Posts: 406
Joined: 20 Mar 2015, 22:24
Location: England, UK
Character: Logan Oneill

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Jessrabbit » 03 Mar 2019, 19:23

ACuteKittenP wrote:
Jessrabbit wrote:

theorizing about how lackluster G9s are at x, y and z doesn't change the reality that they are brought to nearly all missions, and that without a G9 of your own you have close to a nil chance of destroying them, it's just very frustrating to play against.

i think some pilots are being a bit disingenuous about how long it takes for G9s to go down, and most of the arguments for why they shouldn't be changed are just variations of "use your own G9" and "get good", neither of which are very convincing imo.


Perhaps its just me but I dont personally think thats a very long time at all, the span of what like 2 minutes to kill it? not that terrible imho.





Compare it with how much damage a G9 can deal to a leo in 1/24th of the time. Neither are common situations since in reality a G9 can just run away from a leo, and a leo can avoid getting hit by a G9 and slowly damage it until it has to leave, but i think they show how strong the G9 armor is + how much damage it can deal

Realistically what will happen if this thread is a success G9s get nerfed is that you're gonna start crying about leopard being too strong because nerfing G9 armor puts leopards right back in the driving seat and starts to dominate again and a leopard cannot be nerfed anymore than being removed which will not happen and I can guarantee you that.


You will bomb a point with a Leopard a couple of times then go down because they die in three rocket launcher shots.
User avatar
Jessrabbit
=
 
Posts: 467
Joined: 01 Jul 2014, 20:53
Character: Jess Rabbit

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Logywoo2 » 03 Mar 2019, 19:48

Jessrabbit wrote:Compare it with how much damage a G9 can deal to a leo in 1/24th of the time. Neither are common situations since in reality a G9 can just run away from a leo, and a leo can avoid getting hit by a G9 and slowly damage it until it has to leave, but i think they show how strong the G9 armor is + how much damage it can deal


In regards to that video you just posted, that has nothing to do with the G9 armor which was the main topic of this nerf thread. That takedown was based on the leopards HP and the way that G9 attacked you. The G9 dove which gave it a lot of speed and thus more agility to turn quicker and have longer hits on you. The way you evaded it didn't help either as he was already turning on you and you decided to turn the same way rather than the opposite way. Had you turned in a different direction you would have gotten out of that very easily and with very little damage dealt to you. Leopards have a HP of 100 so of course they're gonna die pretty damn quickly but it's not impossible to evade it, it's actually easy if you watch how the G9 flies when it attacks.
Logywoo2
IV
 
Posts: 406
Joined: 20 Mar 2015, 22:24
Location: England, UK
Character: Logan Oneill

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Jessrabbit » 03 Mar 2019, 19:54

Logywoo2 wrote:snip


if you were able to read two sentences you would see i already said the exact same thing

saying G9 damage isn't relevant to G9 armor is the worst argument anyone has given in this thread yet. if the G9 did 1% of it's current damage would anyone be complaining about it's armor? no.

--

holistically the G9 is just too strong. it needs reduced armor.
Last edited by Jessrabbit on 03 Mar 2019, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Jessrabbit
=
 
Posts: 467
Joined: 01 Jul 2014, 20:53
Character: Jess Rabbit

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Logywoo2 » 03 Mar 2019, 19:58

Jessrabbit wrote:saying G9 damage isn't relevant to G9 armor is the worst argument anyone has given in this thread yet

Literally didn't say that but alright. You do you.

Jessrabbit wrote:if the G9 did 1% of it's current damage would anyone be complaining about it's armor?

I mean if it did 1% of it's current damage it would do next to no damage as the G9 damage right now is already terrible. It's about the HP of the vehicle you are shooting at for a G9 so again of course a leopard is going to take a lot of damage but if you actually knew how to evade a G9 with a leopard, which is actually very easily, then you wouldn't have that issue.
Logywoo2
IV
 
Posts: 406
Joined: 20 Mar 2015, 22:24
Location: England, UK
Character: Logan Oneill

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Jessrabbit » 03 Mar 2019, 20:05

Logywoo2 wrote:Literally didn't say that but alright. You do you.


Logywoo2 wrote:In regards to that video you just posted, that has nothing to do with the G9 armor which was the main topic of this nerf thread.


lol

you're incapable of giving an objective argument for why the G9 should continue in it's current state because you don't want the G9 to be nerfed. you can keep telling people in this thread they have no idea what they are talking about, but it's pretty obvious that the only person who doesn't is you.
User avatar
Jessrabbit
=
 
Posts: 467
Joined: 01 Jul 2014, 20:53
Character: Jess Rabbit

Re: G9 Nerfs

Postby Logywoo2 » 03 Mar 2019, 20:25

Jessrabbit wrote:
Logywoo2 wrote:Literally didn't say that but alright. You do you.


Logywoo2 wrote:In regards to that video you just posted, that has nothing to do with the G9 armor which was the main topic of this nerf thread.


lol

you're incapable of giving an objective argument for why the G9 should continue in it's current state because you don't want the G9 to be nerfed. you can keep telling people in this thread they have no idea what they are talking about, but it's pretty obvious that the only person who doesn't is you.

I honestly can't think how you think you are right. You literally just quoted what I said which was a statement in regards to the G9 shooting you down. You were shot down in 6 seconds and did nothing to that G9 so you weren't exactly representing the armor "issue" that you believe there is. That issue there was down to the leopards armor because it's so low which is why you died so quickly.
Logywoo2
IV
 
Posts: 406
Joined: 20 Mar 2015, 22:24
Location: England, UK
Character: Logan Oneill

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Suggestions