Disabling the cursor in Inventory

Moved to https://discord.me/rls #suggestions

Disabling the cursor in Inventory

Postby Drew Mendoza » 04 Mar 2019, 09:52

The title might sound a bit weird but I didn't want it to become longer. My suggestion is adding an option/ability to disable the cursor in Inventory as we can do in F2 map. The reason I want this, its impossible to navigate your character while your inventory is open and in some situations, you need your inventory open. With the new resizing system you can resize your Inventory panel and put it to the side of your screen and still will be able to see what is going on so having the ability to disable your cursor might be useful. As an example, if you're playing as a medic you will most likely to need run towards your allies while trying to heal them, it's almost impossible to do these both at the same time while trying to find which medicine you're going to use and still be able to navigate your character either you will close your inventory and reset your selection or run towards somewhere else and miss your ally completely.

Former: Officer Dealer - Overseer Recon - Sergeant Defender - General Medic

Callsign:ZODIAC
Drew Mendoza
IV

Character: Drew Mendoza

Re: Disabling the cursor in Inventory

Postby Patepostimies » 04 Mar 2019, 14:14

There should be a shortcut key for both medics and mechanics to use their items anyway

~ It used to be about trying to create something. Now it's about trying to shoot someone.

My lore
Patepostimies
125RP
=

Character: Walter Pate Postimies

Postby Drew Mendoza » 04 Mar 2019, 16:30

Patepostimies wrote:There should be a shortcut key for both medics and mechanics to use their items anyway

Actually, it will make more sense and it will be more useful however there might be some problems like, will hotkey be able to use the most efficient tool/medicine? I mean if someone has 82 HP is it going to use gray medicine for 10 HP or white one for 25 HP (which should be preferred in my opinion). If these problems can be solved it will be better than the main idea here.

Former: Officer Dealer - Overseer Recon - Sergeant Defender - General Medic

Callsign:ZODIAC
Drew Mendoza
IV

Character: Drew Mendoza

Postby krpajda » 04 Mar 2019, 17:05

There is a load of reasons why you would want to pick which particular item you want to use or give an item while on the move (maybe not store and sell, thats up for debate), not just medicine, but also food, tools, or vermilion items. Being able to free up the controls while having the inventory open, like with a number of other UI windows, would be very neat.
Of course you still need to bring the mouse back to click use or give or whatever, but at that point you already have the item selected so you literally just click a button which is way more convenient.
or we could get a hotkey to use the selected item but that might be too much
tech-thug-general-mechanic-president-officer-tech-firefighter-private-politician-courier-secretary-sergeant-loyal-major-

Cube the sphere
Wipe off the dust from your eyes
Burn your lies
krpajda
=

Character: Elisabeth Murosson

Return to Ideas and Suggestions